Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

My top 10 cheating CBB program list.

1. UK

2. Duke

3. Kansas

4. Louisville- nabbed

5. UCLA

6. UNC

7. Syracuse

8. Arizona -nabbed

9. Wannabe SEC schools (Mississippi St, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, etc. damn near all of them)

10. Texas

Honorable Mention- Michigan State, Miami, Florida State

Haha. My master compilation list.

Edit- my recently dirty but not as dirty now list includes UConn, UNLV, Baylor, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Georgetown

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm pulling this from another board because it's a tad relevant to us:
According to an AAU coach, South Carolina, Kansas, and UCLA may be next. There's also approximately 15 Adidas sponsored AAU programs on a list to be investigated. Indiana Elite, Team Loaded, Mass Rivals, and Atlanta Celtics to name a few. The ASM raid may implicate some parents of Indiana players aka Teague and Lyles.
Kansas and ucla are givens. No way ucla didnt pay lonzo ball.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Let's assume IU is clean. There is enough guilt by association negative recruiting that can come for this. Number one Archies brother. Two our past with Kenny Johnson. Now if UCLA gets nailed Schilling could get dragged through it. We could be completely clean but it could make some players cautious.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Not really. In the coaching world almost everyone is connected. There are enough people in trouble that you can connect them to at least one person in almost every school. Sean may be his brother but they’re still two different people, KJ can just as easily be thrown back as IU got rid of him because he didn’t want to follow the rules, and Ed would just be fired and what he done at UCLA wouldn’t have any effect on us. If players are going to be cautious about us for those reasons then most schools will never get a recruit again.

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Next up to bat, Bama.

A men's basketball administrator just resigned, according to Pat Forde.

Speculating it has to do with 5-star John Petty and Colin Sexton

DKxInjiUEAA7ouC.jpg

Looks like pitino is gonna sue, imagine that! I think the judge will have a terrible time trying to refrain from spontaneous laughter!

Rick Pitino's attorney is Steve Pence, the former United States attorney for Kentucky. Yes, he was the head of that US attorney district. I tell ya, there is absolutely no way that Pence will allow Rick Pitino to sue anybody over this. It would expose Pitino to sworn depositions and testimony, and therein expose Pitino to criminal exposure. Letting Pitino sue would be all but legal malpractice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wonder if I could rent out the Yum center on Saturday afternoons for an "Old Dude" league, not like they will need it anymore.....

I don't see the NCAA leveling a death penalty against Louisville that will keep them from the court completely. This is a different age of college sports. Louisville has no proffessional sports. It is basically a college town. To totally kill the program would massively affect the lives of those outside of the school by removing the monetary sources for all of the businesses in and around the KFC YUM Center. This would be an economic hit that would affect the whole community. With the large amounts of dollars from tournaments and tv contracts afforded to these schools, I could see the NCAA banning UofL from any conference/NCAA tournaments for 5 years and a loss of 7/8 schollys per season. Also a hefty fine to the University. This would effectively shut down the program without destroying the local economy around it. This is an effective punishment that hits the school hard but limits what is felt to the community.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

The fact that Archie has been in gym to see Romeo and Garland the last 24 hours makes me feel a bit more relaxed about all of this. Not that I think we would be linked, but it seems like it’s just business as usual for our staff

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein  

Miami has received official notice that it's under FBI investigation, per release.

This is happening faster than I thought..who's next? 

Just now, Me So Hornsby said:

The fact that Archie has been in gym to see Romeo and Garland the last 24 hours makes me feel a bit more relaxed about all of this. Not that I think we would be linked, but it seems like it’s just business as usual for our staff

No @$$ covering for sure

2 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I don't see the NCAA leveling a death penalty against Louisville that will keep them from the court completely. This is a different age of college sports. Louisville has no proffessional sports. It is basically a college town. To totally kill the program would massively affect the lives of those outside of the school by removing the monetary sources for all of the businesses in and around the KFC YUM Center. This would be an economic hit that would affect the whole community. With the large amounts of dollars from tournaments and tv contracts afforded to these schools, I could see the NCAA banning UofL from any conference/NCAA tournaments for 5 years and a loss of 7/8 schollys per season. Also a hefty fine to the University. This would effectively shut down the program without destroying the local economy around it. This is an effective punishment that hits the school hard but limits what is felt to the community.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

But it's also an opportunity for the weak kneed NCAA to look big and tough since L'ville was already on probation and it's always easier to kick a man when he's already on the ground.