Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

6 minutes ago, Uwe Robb said:

I have no sources myself. I am just guessing as well.

If Seth says 51/49 and you have one site saying staying and one site saying gone. I just have a gut feeling it still hasn't been decided yet. If a presser is in fact coming at 5:00 then I would assume there is an important vote coming up. Who is voting I have no clue.

It's not really a democracy though, it's a leadership decision.  Not sure I see a vote happening on any official level.

5 minutes ago, Redandyz said:

It's not really a democracy though, it's a leadership decision.  Not sure I see a vote happening on any official level.

I tend to agree with you, but our leadership is obviously messed up like a soup sandwich.

If Glass wants him to stay and enough trustees want him gone then that could be what is calling a vote. Maybe they are letting the boosters vote to see exactly how this will impact them financially? Again, these are all just guesses on my part.

10 hours ago, Dizz said:

I actually spoke with Buckner a few weeks ago.  He was more than willing to talk about the Paul George trade drama, but IU he was more reserved.  He was fairly neutral and said, "Everyone wants to blame Crean, and I'm not defending him, but injuries did effect them in a big way."  For what its worth.  No he isn't a regular connection of mine.

This season was circling the drain before the injuries, so that's not an excuse.  The injuries just made it go down the drain faster.

2 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Just had a conversation with a pUKe fan about the fire CTC situation. He said I don't blame the fans at all for wanting him gone. It's Indiana, one of the historic programs, you all gave him 9 years! Hell look at us we fired Gillespie and Smith for not meeting the standard and they didn't get near the time CTC got. Top programs expect to finish near the top at least a final four!

In all honesty, this was an eye opening experience for me! To actually hold a civil conversation with a pUKe fan about IU and not getting trashed for being an IU fan! I hope this is a good sign of things to come today!

I've heard a pUKe fan say IU deserves better than Crean.

After watching the latest postgame comments from Crean- he has always and continues to just totally rely on the metric of "shots falling", particularly from 3pt land. When his teams shoot really well from 3 they succeed, when they don't they lose, a lot. Safe to say that most well coached teams do really well when they shoot a high % from 3 but they also do pretty well when they don't because they 1) play good D 2) don't turn the ball over 3) work for good shots inside the arc.....Crean teams do none of the 3 in consecutive games. smh.

Ugggh...you would think that with all the noise that has been going on the past week especially, that if Glass was indeed intending on keeping Crean that he would have come out and said something by now, but since he hasn't then hopefully thay means something. Then if there really was a meeting with the boosters, it was just to discuss "ok guys, I'm letting him go, this other guy is on board but he's only going to come if we have this to give him. Let's get something worked out and make it happen." 

If Crean is back next year I hope the fans make him and Glass absolutely miserable. That's wrong to say, but at this point I don't care. I just want us to be great again and if Crean is back all the good will I have toward him for the good things he's done will turn to animosity. 

Just now, Chris Nieman said:

Then your gut is telling me that i'm gonna take my talents to south beach.

Thats fine go ahead and head on down to south beach because in west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground was where I spent most of my days
chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school