Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I've followed IU basketball since the late 70's.  I was at the Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne when Knight brought his team to town for a practice.  The place was sold out and it was such a thrill.  It was like celebrities coming to town.  I wish some of the younger fans could have experienced what we had.  It's depressing because we could have it again, or close to it, which would be great.  Just a few idiots standing in our way, and of course dragging Crean out of town kicking and screaming.  

But we did better we got to see them play this year and it was sold out. Minus the monumental embarrassment of losing nevermind

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I have got to believe that Glass is waiting to make an announcement because when a school like IU makes an announcement, like the one that we expect is going to happen, it is going to send shock waves across the landscape and Glass does not want to do that right now.  Plus, I think the new coach does not want the announcement to be made yet.  Glass is not going to pull an Illinois.  

What if, all along, Glass has been wanting Crean out but the trustees haven't allowed it? What if Glass' people have been reaching out to possible candidates to gauge interest? What if we've been wrong about who actually wants him to return?

Glass might be a lot of things but he absolutely knows that if he messes up IUBB he's out. He'll have to make the right decisions or he's out. I'm not sold that he wants Crean back.

Are there still at least a few people on here who think Crean is for sure GONE based off how everything has panned out so far? I need this reassurance in my life!! Haha 

Yes, I believe Crean is gone for sure. There are certain things that have to take place before the announcement is made though. That includes, but not limited to, Crean find a soft landing.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What if, all along, Glass has been wanting Crean out but the trustees haven't allowed it? What if Glass' people have been reaching out to possible candidates to gauge interest? What if we've been wrong about who actually wants him to return?

Glass might be a lot of things but he absolutely knows that if he messes up IUBB he's out. He'll have to make the right decisions or he's out. I'm not sold that he wants Crean back.

I can get behind this. Glass could have extended him last year, but didn't.

First time poster, been lurking awhile.  There are MANY more people like me that haven't spoken out on message boards but we want him gone too.  If he is retained, I will join any movement to help stop attendance next year, or go on a strike in front of cameras to keep people out of AH.  I think it will come down to "we the people" to save our basketball program.  If they make the wrong decision, let us be ready to not go down without a fight.  Just be prepared with notes on stats, games, and comparisons to other coaches and schools, so we look and sound as if we are well-informed, not just ignorant fans.

Welcome, I'd leave now before you get addicted though. I pull up this thread every 3 minutes. It's bad. 

I haven't bathed or slept in 3 days

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Hoosier hysteria gonna be dead this year if Crean is back

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Its indiana its indiana!!! We are going to run quick hitters and mismatches. We will play fast and try and outscore the opponent. We will play no defense. Its indiana!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk