Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I agree with what others have been saying, why would Crean even want to be back? How would he show his face in bloomington without getting insults and hate thrown at him. If he thought the Maryland fan was bad, he's in for a whole other world of hate in Btown. 

I know some posters are saying that if Crean is to stay that they will still watch and support. I for one will not continue to watch or support a great program that once stood for greatness and frowned on political correctness and mediocrity flush all of its great hard earned history and respect down the toilet for the reasons mentioned. 

I know some will say you are not a true fan then, well i can tell you there has been no bigger fan. I love IU was born and raised a few miles from campus and now travel for several hours a few times a year for games. I love the Hoosiers but the for the last 20 years they have not been the Hoosiers I grew up loving. They have been kidnapped and brain washed can someone please put the admin through a psych and detox program. I have lost all faith, but they can still salvage the program by making the right choices and standing firm for the values that made the program great and would do the same again. 

3 minutes ago, the possum said:

I know some posters are saying that if Crean is to stay that they will still watch and support. I for one will not continue to watch or support a great program that once stood for greatness and frowned on political correctness and mediocrity flush all of its great hard earned history and respect down the toilet for the reasons mentioned. 

I know some will say you are not a true fan then, well i can tell you there has been no bigger fan. I love IU was born and raised a few miles from campus and now travel for several hours a few times a year for games. I love the Hoosiers but the for the last 20 years they have not been the Hoosiers I grew up loving. They have been kidnapped and brain washed can someone please put the admin through a psych and detox program. I have lost all faith, but they can still salvage the program by making the right choices and standing firm for the values that made the program great and would do the same again. 

I think that one can argue that making these kinds of statements makes you more of a fan because you are refusing to stand for a program that doesn't want to strive for success anymore. 

.....frowned on political correctness....... 

What does that have to do with the rest of it? That term gets thrown around so much that it almost has its own agenda. It has gotten to the point that saying it is more political than not using it.

1 minute ago, Uwe Robb said:

It sounds to me like there is some kind of important vote coming up. So realistically nobody knows exactly they are all just guessing and giving opinions.

Here's to hoping the deplorables come out in droves today!!!

Who is voting?  Trustees?  Boosters?  

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

What does that have to do with the rest of it? That term gets thrown around so much that it almost has its own agenda.

The IU admin runs from confrontation just to protect someones feelings and that is the same narrative that has been pushed by all the political elites for the last twenty years.  

Just now, Redandyz said:

Who is voting?  Trustees?  Boosters?  

I have no sources myself. I am just guessing as well.

If Seth says 51/49 and you have one site saying staying and one site saying gone. I just have a gut feeling it still hasn't been decided yet. If a presser is in fact coming at 5:00 then I would assume there is an important vote coming up. Who is voting I have no clue.

1 hour ago, Yogi'sBicep said:

Why would he want to be coach? It is blatant that he isn't wanted, liked, and especially not needed. Being mocked and analyzed about every move you make has to get old, because he never does anything positive. At what point does pride become ignorance? 

because he is an ego-maniacal pr*^k.

Just now, Dalton26 said:

because he is an ego-maniacal pr*^k.

He has to be if he still thinks that a few early season wins against Houston Baptist and Southern Illinois Edwardsville will make things better. 

He has to be if he thinks Riley would have a good experience on campus.

He has to be if he thinks next Xmas break will sell tickets, and that people won't immediately re-visit the NIT home game give-away when we are half empty.

He has to be if he thinks Hoosier Hysteria will be anything other than a yawner next fall.

If Glass and IU keep Crean through all of this garbage that is being called IUBB, it's painfully obvious that as long as Glass is AD, Tom Crean will be HIS basketball coach but I won't consider him mine that's for sure!