Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

DD And Hanner gone

No way this drops expectations for the season. Hanner was going to be like out 7th or 8th man off the bench and who knows if Davis could have even played. It's still Banner 6 or bust

I think Hanner would've been a great weak side help at the 4 to Thomas Bryant. I agree Davis' role would've been minimal. Honestly, Hanner is so much wasted potential, has to be a candidate for biggest bust. 

I'm glad at the message this sends, hopefully some of this discipline rolls over into the defense........

Maybe yes, maybe no.  Maybe it was Fred Glass who made the decision for Crean.

Or McRobbie.  I dunno for some reason I think Glass goes full on fan girl, like a 13 year old at a Bieber concert, at the thought of Crean so I think either Crean made the decision or it was made above both of them.

I'd like to think Crean for the first time in his tenure here actually held someone accountable.

I hope Coach does not make those reaches in recruiting he made last year. I would prefer holding thdm open for 16 incoming players

I would prefer that too, try and get these classes balanced to hopefully avoid this "great, we suck again" cycle every couple years.  That won't happen, but I'd prefer it.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="173103" timestamp="1431642346"]

2 scholarships open... Crean probably just creamed himself... "LET'S GET ON THE PHONES BOYS!!!! IT'S RECRUITING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/quote
Thon and Dickerson would be nice. Or Thon and a PG.

This will sound strange but this probably helps Hanner if he still hopes to be a pro someday. An extra year at a different school to sit out and learn and then a senior year to try and put it all together. I bet there will be lots of interest in HP from other schools despite his multiple transgressions . Devin made Coach Crean's life easy believe it or not. Devin now doesn't have a spot on the team that would likely be more of a feel good story spot rather than a capable player spot. Devin and Hanner really blew it but I think in the short/long run it helps everybody.

Shocked it actually happened. Crean has balls after all

I do not think it takes a pair of gentlemens to make this call, the players made the call for themselves. I also believe the call might have come from above Crean's level or strongly suggested.

Wow! This is huge news. Wonder what effect this has on our preseason ranking? I bet we go from 13 range to 20 range.

I think we need a true Big man though. Oh my, the options are unlimited.

Grad transfer, walk on scholly, more Frosh.

I absolutely hate losing these 2 on the court, but they did it to themselves!

Hope Holt is ready to get significant minutes

Not sure why he didn't get significant minutes last year. But this is where we find ourselves. TB and Holt are gonna have to carry the load.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

I do not think it takes a pair of gentlemens to make this call, the players made the call for themselves. I also believe the call might have come from above Crean's level or strongly suggested.

You're more than likely right, but Crean truly cares about his players and you know it was extremely hard on him emotionally to see Devin leave after what happened in the fall. This was necessary though