Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

DD And Hanner gone

Well...As an incoming freshman to IU I must admit that I had high aspirations for this upcoming season (possibly elite 8), but obviously that dream was a bit far fetched. Here's to hoping that by my senior year we'll have a championship contending team!

we still could it cuts down the momentum killing substitution patterns

Big news. Tough times for Hanner and DD but they brought it on themselves. The team and the program are too important to keep putting up with violations. After the last round of issues, you have to think everyone on the the team knew the consequences for further violations ---and now those consequences have been executed. No one should criticize Crean over this---he did the right thing here. I wish Hanner and DD well---I rooted for them the whole time they were here. But---IU is bigger than any two players and I will be rooting for the 2 new players who take their place and who understand that they have to follow the rules and---who understand that HOW they represent IU basketball is so important. Go Hoosiers!

Love this post!!! Well said Rebel!

Question: Devin and Hanner don't get caught now, but get caught the exact same way right after Hoosier Hysteria.

Does Crean still have the balls to dismiss both players? Or is this convenient timing knowing he can replace them both via recruiting & JUCO?

After reading Crean's statement I get the feeling he didn't really have a choice. It would be interesting to know who made the final call. I'm shocked they are gone. My best guess would be the minimal punishment would be handed out by Crean in that situation.

I don't think we have too many guards I think we have a lot of wings. A solid JUCO or grad transfer big would definitely be a welcomed addition.

I said that wrong we have to many guards to give a scholarship to one of our two preferred walk on guards I'd be fine with a hood juco guard or big