Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

11 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Wherever I watch Sampson I’m reminded  that 20 years of watching his crap offense might have driven me insane. Lots to admire about his teams but the beauty of their offense isn’t one of them. 

Whenever I watch a Sampson team play I am reminded of the thugs that Eric Gordon and DJ White were surrounded by 

Have you watched UConn?

UConn don’t have the refs forcing 2-3 of their opponents starters to only get 12-15 minutes a night like Purdue. Purdue has never faced probably more than 75% of a game against another’s teams starting 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Whenever I watch a Sampson team play I am reminded of the thugs that Eric Gordon and DJ White were surrounded by 

Tim Priller would’ve taken care of them. 

Sampson would of killed it with Indiana talent.  Wed probably  have 2 more titles. You could see he was already doing it...we had our guy.  Should of told the NCAA NOTHING like all the other cheaters who get no trouble.

We should have all seen what was to come when we literally ratted ourselves out to the NCAA just so we had an excuse to fire Sampson. Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say with Sampson...

I heard, and idk if it's true...forget where I heard it.  Maybe it was Hoosier hysterics lol..but Sampson thought the candy stripes were dumb..? And he planned on getting rid of them 3-4 years down the line once he started winning.  

Anyone else heard that?  If that's true, good thing he was gone.  We love the stripes.

So, those guys represented the candy stripes well in your opinion?

Not really the point. Sampson has coached a lot of guys after his career at Indiana and his teams play hard, together, and smart and avoid making headlines.

Indiana had an axe to grind with Sampson and Dakich had a vendetta so the Indiana stuff gets overblown. I mean whatever you want to think, you do you, but referring to Sampson’s guys as thugs isn’t a good look.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, craigyv88 said:

Definitely agree with the last part. They've almost made an identity solely out of crapping on us and do so constantly while simultaneously screaming how much better they are.  Yet we're supposed to turn around and low-key root for them when it's clear we're out of the picture.  To each their own, but not on my watch.  I don't enjoy watching their games, I hate the way they get officiated, and their fans make them hard to even be ok with.  And I don't know Painter or any one of their kids personally or behind closed doors whatsoever so I'm not going to promulgate how good of people they are.  From my perspective they are a black and gold stain on the underwear of college basketball and they make me enjoy the game less because of their presence.  Screw them eternally.

Co-sign.  Screw Purdue.

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Or, you could also argue that IU killed it’s program when it had the choice of Sampson or John Beilein and hired the guy who was under NCAA sanctions after leaving his previous program on probation for doing the same stupid $hit and then lying about it when they could have hired 1 of the best coaches in the country who would have killed it here and not incinerated the program while he was at it. I have no sympathy for the Sampson rehabilitation narrative. He 100% deserved it and the decision makers involved deserved more for hiring that creep when they knew that if he committed any violations they would be straight hammered for hiring a sanctioned coach. Zero respect for the guy and less than zero for the decision makers. 

Meh, Sampson’s ‘violations’ were nothing burgers compared to what other coaches were doing. IU could’ve doubled down and been just fine but we took the holier than thou route and are still dealing with the consequences 16 years later. Duke, Kansas, UK, etc. wouldn’t have thought twice about it. Watching Sampson in the tournament every year is a painful reminder.