Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

I love IU basketball more than anything besides God and family..I check message boards 40 times a day, since I've been 10 years old and I'm 33 now.

But it's time Purdue wins one.  This is a good group of kids, painter does things excellently the right way, they play a fun style.   As much as I love the IU vs Purdue rivalry and I talk crap here in Kokomo Indiana to all the Purdue fans around here...I want them to win this one.  Never have I wanted Purdue to win, but..yes.  especially vs UConn.  Feels like the good guys vs bad guys..Purdue being the good guys.   To me..:)

Born and raised in Bloomington until moving away as an adult…good group of kids, painter is great…I still hope they lose by a billion next round. 

They have no problem stomping on us while down, and I have no problem hoping they never win a title as long as I breathe haha. Couldn’t root for them even if I tried, and I think that’s what makes the rivalry great. 

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah, something to be said for that. For me, I just don't care enough to worry about what our rival is doing. I'm focused on our own house.

We have our own massive problems to deal with. We are so, so far from where we need to be as a team and as a program, I don't have enough room left in my heart to wish ill upon Purdue.

Most of that is directed inwardly. 

It's very concerning how far away we are.  I haven't even looked at this tucker kids highlights because., I agree, we are so far away from it even mattering (Liam, come..don't come...doesn't matter.). Screw Leal and his comments, I was there at Hoosier hysteria, I saw the faces of guys my age in the crowd, nobody agrees with you Leal, your misguided and blinded by finally playing and getting your sisters debt paid off.. none of these players even matter because as a program we are such a joke, poor coached, irrelevant.... 

We don't have another trayce coming through the door, and JHS, and.... Guess what? It doesn't even matter.. because coaching matters.  Coaching > talent every time in college basketball long term... because at a big program, the coach will naturally attract players.  You got to be a COACH. 

I liked the idea of the Archie hire because...you never know, if it worked, great...25 year run ahead of us.   It didn't, and what now? We are stuck with a lame dude who doesn't even know recruits names and plays a absolute horrific play style. It's not enjoyable to watch at all for me, watching these other teams have movement on offense..it's shameful what my hoosiers are.

I hate this current situation.  Buying a team because theres absolutely nothing developing.  It's terrible.

16 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

I love IU basketball more than anything besides God and family..I check message boards 40 times a day, since I've been 10 years old and I'm 33 now.

But it's time Purdue wins one.  This is a good group of kids, painter does things excellently the right way, they play a fun style.   As much as I love the IU vs Purdue rivalry and I talk crap here in Kokomo Indiana to all the Purdue fans around here...I want them to win this one.  Never have I wanted Purdue to win, but..yes.  especially vs UConn.  Feels like the good guys vs bad guys..Purdue being the good guys.   To me..:)

I’ll never be able to root for Purdue to win because their fans really are the absolute worst, but I also can’t hate on Painter for all the reasons you stated. I’m feeling very jealous of Purdue fans. *barfs*

17 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

You're a better man than me. 

The only palatable detail of the gut-twisting thought of them winning it all is Painter. I respect him. The alumni, players, and fan base can go eat worms. 

8 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

If Purdue makes it to the national championship I will have no choice but to root for them. It’s time the state of Indiana has a title again 

Only chance to win one for a while, I don’t see IU winning one anytime soon

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I remember scoffing when @btownqb said that we should recruit Braden smith and he just had 14 points and 15 assists to help Purdue to the elite 8. 

While they do have talent, I think above all they are well coached and have grit. They aren’t soft, they play smart, and play as a team. 

1 minute ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

While they do have talent, I think above all they are well coached and have grit. They aren’t soft, they play smart, and play as a team. 

And they play the dreaded “inside-out” style of basketball everyone hates! Although our problem is that we really just play “inside” with no “out.” Purdue manages to pair both together quite well.

35 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Born and raised in Bloomington until moving away as an adult…good group of kids, painter is great…I still hope they lose by a billion next round. 

They have no problem stomping on us while down, and I have no problem hoping they never win a title as long as I breathe haha. Couldn’t root for them even if I tried, and I think that’s what makes the rivalry great. 

Definitely agree with the last part. They've almost made an identity solely out of crapping on us and do so constantly while simultaneously screaming how much better they are.  Yet we're supposed to turn around and low-key root for them when it's clear we're out of the picture.  To each their own, but not on my watch.  I don't enjoy watching their games, I hate the way they get officiated, and their fans make them hard to even be ok with.  And I don't know Painter or any one of their kids personally or behind closed doors whatsoever so I'm not going to promulgate how good of people they are.  From my perspective they are a black and gold stain on the underwear of college basketball and they make me enjoy the game less because of their presence.  Screw them eternally.

7 minutes ago, str8baller said:

And they play the dreaded “inside-out” style of basketball everyone hates! Although our problem is that we really just play “inside” with no “out.” Purdue manages to pair both together quite well.

Yeah they actually manage to include the ‘outside’ part. #1 in the country in 3 pt percentage. IU… was 273rd.. lol. 

Wherever I watch Sampson I’m reminded  that 20 years of watching his crap offense might have driven me insane. Lots to admire about his teams but the beauty of their offense isn’t one of them.