Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Pace is about the D2 caliber of U Indy.

Chris Ledlum was 2-16 from the floor for St. John’s.

FWIW, Pace isn’t nearly as good as U Indy.  U Indy was 26-5 last year and ended ranked 9th.  Also return 4 of their top 5 scorers.  Pace was 20-11 last year and unranked.

FWIW….St.John’s shot 26% against Pace.

Pace is about the D2 caliber of U Indy.
Chris Ledlum was 2-16 from the floor for St. John’s.

I was never really excited about that recruitment. I loved Knecht and was also higher on Jamison Battle than Ledlum. Non-shooter who thinks he’s a shooter. We wouldn’t have got Mgbako either. Staff got lucky.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No worries, Duke is just going to continue being elite even after losing K. Makes you wonder what Indiana could of done if those in charge above Knight, actually cared about the basketball program.

It's Nike's beloved program.  Deep ties and back scratching going on.  The pay-a-player PreNIL model worked well.  

Just now, Scotty R said:

Maybe they should play a double header

N. Texas vs Arkansas Little Rock 

Oooooh ... a round robin tournament! Only instead of the winners advancing, the losers advance to play each other, with the losing-est loser playing Purdue for last place in the tournament.

Archie Miller can be the tournament committee chairman, and Braden Smith can be the ball boy.

42 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Label me a cynic if you wish -- but I'm calling BS on this ... 

I have a hard time believing Bill Self gives a rat's a$$ about players -- past or present -- getting degrees. 

image.png.281db70d63c0140f5227e847dcd33603.png

Oh, I imagine he’s happy to see a 40-something ex-player who didn’t make 9 figures in the League get his degree. Guarantee he also really, really likes talking about in a presser, particularly when the alternative is talking about Dickinson and Adams spending 40 mins getting in each other’s way.

21 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Illinois gonna be solid. Hawkins has legit range. Offense looks fluid. And Shannon might try to rival Edey for POY.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'm afraid you might be right about Illini, but still I was more unimpressed with KU than impressed with UI. Not that IU sparkled either, but no one ranked us #1! 

We aren't the only program.

Jon Rothstein  -  Kansas State has suspended Nae'Qwan Tomlin indefinitely following his arrest on Sunday morning, per release.

He's their top returning scorer and rebounder.

https://www.wibw.com/2023/10/29/reports-k-state-basketballs-naeqwan-tomlin-arrested-fighting-sports-bar/