Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well this year is just a question mark with a massive gap of potential. IMO(and I have it on record, saying it on my podcast), this team could be a 3 seed in the NCAA tourney and competing for a B1G title and it could be a 10 seed. 

Very fair for IU!

And my point was that Purdud is primed for a letdown in large part due to a tough schedule with single plays against Minny, Penn State, and Nebraska, whereas last year they had double plays against those three.

So where do you have those three? Any of them with ten conference wins? Seven? Five?

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Very fair for IU!

And my point was that Purdud is primed for a letdown in large part due to a tough schedule with single plays against Minny, Penn State, and Nebraska, whereas last year they had double plays against those three.

So where do you have those three? Any of them with ten conference wins? Seven? Five?

I've not actually put out my Big Ten predictions yet.. but even I do... Probably this coming week.. I'll send it to you.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I've not actually put out my Big Ten predictions yet.. but even I do... Probably this coming week.. I'll send it to you.

So if you have Minny, Nebraska, and PSU in the bottom third of the B1G then I’m not sure why you’re pushing back at my point. And I’d imagine you will.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean... Indiana is also relying on an entire roster of big question marks sooo.... The Big Ten as a whole is a big question mark outside of Purdue.

None of Penn State's answers to questions marks were burger boys.

FWIW, Torvik ranks them at #157 in terms of talent -- even worse than Minnesota.

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

2 buzzer beaters in exhibition games today.  Even when the games don’t count college basketball is delivering.    November 6th can’t get here soon enough 

Which games?

Also, does IU have any 'secret srimmages' this year?

41 minutes ago, Josh said:

Smith?  Imo he was one of the main reasons when they struggled last year.  He was baaaaad

Smith is quite literally the only point guard on the Purdue roster. Ethan Morton is their backup point guard this year. They had their competitive scrimmage game today and the 6’1” pickup from Ill St was never at the point (on offense).

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So if you have Minny, Nebraska, and apSU in the bottom third of the B1G then I’m not sure why you’re pushing back at my point. And I’d imagine you will.

They might be. Like I said, I haven't really gotten a chance to look at schedules completely. And Penn State might go 5-13 in conference. But I can guarantee it'll be a competitive 5-13. The bottom 3rd or 4th of the league will be interesting I think. It's just hard to say really what team like Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State will do. Michigan could be bad. Northwestern could fall apart with the target on their back(unless they are again allowed to maul everyone). Can Nebraska carry over from last year's relatively successful B1G season? TONS of questions in the B1G.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They might be. Like I said, I haven't really gotten a chance to look at schedules completely. And Penn State might go 5-13 in conference. But I can guarantee it'll be a competitive 5-13. The bottom 3rd or 4th of the league will be interesting I think. It's just hard to say really what team like Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State will do. Michigan could be bad. Northwestern could fall apart with the target on their back(unless they are again allowed to maul everyone). Can Nebraska carry over from last year's relatively successful B1G season? TONS of questions in the B1G.

I will guarantee that Penn State does not go 5-13 in a 20 game conference slate.  :)

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No.  You're limited to 2 events --  2 secrets; 2 exhibitions or 1 of each and we have 2 exhibition games already scheduled.

And if anyone thinks otherwise I want to see some evidence 

;)

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Which games?

Also, does IU have any 'secret srimmages' this year?

After being up 19 at half over Rutgers, St John’s needed a buzzer beater to force 2OT and they ended up winning.   Vcu beat South Carolina on a buzzer beater.   Trilly is updating games and has a nice link to which ones will be available on different streams 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

A “competitive 5-13 (5-15)” team in conference would be objectively terrible.

FWIW, Torvik predictions:

• Purdue 15-5 (22-7 overall)
  • Michigan State 14-6 (23-8 overall)
  • Illinois 11-9 (20-11 overall)
  • Maryland 11-9 (19-11 overall)
  • Wisconsin 11-9 (18-12 overall)
  • Indiana 11-9 (19-11 overall)
  • Northwestern 11-9 (19-11 overall)
  • Ohio State 11-9 (18-12 overall)
  • Iowa 10-10 (18-12 overall)
  • Nebraska 10-10 (19-12 overall)
  • Rutgers 9-11 (17-14 overall)
  • Michigan 8-12 (14-15 overall)
  • Minnesota 5-15 (14-17 overall)
  • Penn State 4-16 (11-18 overall)

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A “competitive 5-13 (5-15)” team in conference would be objectively terrible.

The record ain't good... But I know if it were Indiana.. it'd get spun it every direction possible that lead to "competitive 5-13." Which I guess since it 20 games.. 7-13? 5-15? Who knows.

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

None of Penn State's answers to questions marks were burger boys.

FWIW, Torvik ranks them at #157 in terms of talent -- even worse than Minnesota.

Going on last year, LCS undervalues IU's talent and overvalues other teams' talent.