Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Insiders. Read into that what you want.

Body language and hustle was terrible as well. This can be said for many IU players as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

+1.  And while you can blame the coach for not holding players accountable, at some point you would expect that a two year starter and three year contributor wouldn't have to have a coach holding to basic standards.

36 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I'd like to say I'm happy for Justin Smith, but honestly I'm not.  By all accounts he was a pain in the @$$ when he was at IU.

Am happy for Damezi even if he can't get on the court at Loyala.  He did everything he could to get better at IU, just wasn't as good as advertised.

I'm still puzzled by what went wrong with Smith. He's a smart dude -- it can't be easy to graduate from the Kelley School in three years. He's not a great basketball player, but is an exceptional athlete. I wonder if it went off the rails when Romeo came aboard. 

Maybe Archie kissed Romeo's a$$ too much? I just don't know. But like someone wrote -- maybe you -- Justin had every opportunity to succeed on the court at IU. He was a Crean recruit and decided to re-commit after he was fired. That was his decision, so obviously he found something appealing about Archie. 

The supposed best conference in the country looks pretty bad.

9 teams in the tournament, including 2 1-seeds, 2 2-seeds, and a 4 seed. Right now only 3 teams left: 10 seed Maryland who will likely lose to Alabama, Michigan with an injured started starter who didn't finish the regular season well, and Iowa whose next game is against a team that was gifted a bye in the first game.

I wouldn't be surprised if no B1G teams make the Sweet 16. Maybe the conference leadership will look at this debacle and get motivated to fix the officiating during conference play. I really believe it hurts the teams in the tournament.