Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm an IU football fan, so will take any conference road win...but my expectations are lowered. This is nowhere near a NC contending team. Still top 5 all-time at IU (very shallow pool!) so gonna try to enjoy it. I still think this team is more talented than last season, but they are missing "it." And Moore, Ponds and Coogan. No idea why they couldn't run the ball today, but I am POSITIVE there are many much better D-lines than Nebraska's. First game in the Cig era that IU's staff was clearly out-coached too. Eye-opener. 

Nebraska’s game plan was to stop the run at all costs and make Hoover beat them.  How did that work out?  
 

Cig wants to establish the run and is stubborn about it, until they needed to make something happen.  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Nebraska’s game plan was to stop the run at all costs and make Hoover beat them.  How did that work out?  
 

Cig wants to establish the run and is stubborn about it, until they needed to make something happen.  

I suspect OSU will attack us the same way. It will be different at home however with our crowd and hopefully no weather as a factor. Our O line has to be better next week at moving people off the ball. 

Posted
1 minute ago, skhoosier2 said:

I suspect OSU will attack us the same way. It will be different at home however with our crowd and hopefully no weather as a factor. Our O line has to be better next week at moving people off the ball. 

Today was probably the first time we had to use a silent count. Wonder if that was the issue 

Posted

Most daunting part of my day was reading the 1st half posts an feeling a fire cig thread was pending…

seriously though, they came out flat in all phases. I think it is more a player thing going on than being beat up by the Xs and Os. Happy to see them reel it in. I feel like uninspired is possibly the word I’m looking for ( and that’s a relative term). Nebraska was definitely inspired today.
Maybe this was the wake-up needed before OSU. That fire inside better be burning hot this time next week.

Posted
1 minute ago, Dhop said:

Most daunting part of my day was reading the 1st half posts an feeling a fire cig thread was pending…

seriously though, they came out flat in all phases. I think it is more a player thing going on than being beat up by the Xs and Os. Happy to see them reel it in. I feel like uninspired is possibly the word I’m looking for ( and that’s a relative term). Nebraska was definitely inspired today.
Maybe this was the wake-up needed before OSU. That fire inside better be burning hot this time next week.

Good to see them respond to the challenge.

On GameDay today Saban talked about the struggles with battling complacency during long winning streaks and the utility of a loss to get everyone refocused. I have to admit, I was more than a little worried. The good guys found a way to gut out the win in a tough environment with high winds, and against a grossly underrated Nebraska team.

BTW,  I was in for a bit of good-natured ribbing from my neighbor, whose son played for Nebraska in the 2008-2011 time frame. Happy to dodge that.

Posted
1 minute ago, Dhop said:

Most daunting part of my day was reading the 1st half posts an feeling a fire cig thread was pending…

seriously though, they came out flat in all phases. I think it is more a player thing going on than being beat up by the Xs and Os. Happy to see them reel it in. I feel like uninspired is possibly the word I’m looking for ( and that’s a relative term). Nebraska was definitely inspired today.
Maybe this was the wake-up needed before OSU. That fire inside better be burning hot this time next week.

Iowa preceded Oregon

Nebraska will precede OSU 

 

Playcalling is still an issue. But it was in the Iowa game as well

Posted

It seems this happens in football and basketball.  Today: Warm and Wendy day.  Nebraska crowd and home game made Nebraska like a step faster and a lot more bounce in their step with confidence.  IU was just not in sync and was getting hit in the mouth.  Nebraska felt great and IU played sick and in the fourth quarter started to get well.
Ohio State will face the same scenario 

Posted

From Nebraska's perspective, they had to feel like they should have built a bigger lead in the first half considering they were dominant on both O and D.  That has a tendency to come back and bite you.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Pagoda said:

Great quote from Bones Jones: “You want to be in these games. You want to be down. You want to know what it feels like to touch the stove.”

Now that we've touched it, let's avoid that haha.

I don't need to touch it. Tell me it's hot and I stay away from it.

Posted
20 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Good to see them respond to the challenge.

On GameDay today Saban talked about the struggles with battling complacency during long winning streaks and the utility of a loss to get everyone refocused. I have to admit, I was more than a little worried. The good guys found a way to gut out the win in a tough environment with high winds, and against a grossly underrated Nebraska team.

BTW,  I was in for a bit of good-natured ribbing from my neighbor, whose son played for Nebraska in the 2008-2011 time frame. Happy to dodge that.

Hopefully his son played on defense so he never had to face the dominant force in practice that was Suh. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

From Nebraska's perspective, they had to feel like they should have built a bigger lead in the first half considering they were dominant on both O and D.  That has a tendency to come back and bite you.

It felt like Nebraska won everything but the score board which in the is all that matters.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...