AZ Hoosier Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said: Borzello - Nevada head coach Steve Alford will retire after the 2026-27 season, the school announced. This will be his eighth season with the Wolf Pack and 36th season as a college coach. "After 36 years, I feel like this is the right time to step away from the bench," Alford said. Looks like we've finally dodged that bullet once and for all. go iu bb, ALASKA HOOSIER, HoosierHoopster and 2 others 1 4 Quote
Demo Posted September 24 Posted September 24 31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said: Borzello - Nevada head coach Steve Alford will retire after the 2026-27 season, the school announced. This will be his eighth season with the Wolf Pack and 36th season as a college coach. "After 36 years, I feel like this is the right time to step away from the bench," Alford said. That I’m 64 is something I barely notice. That Steve Alford is almost 62 makes me want to jump off a bridge. ebridges24 1 Quote
HoosierHoopster Posted September 24 Posted September 24 1 hour ago, Demo said: That I’m 64 is something I barely notice. That Steve Alford is almost 62 makes me want to jump off a bridge. Thanks for making me feel young! Quote
spe317 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 1 hour ago, Demo said: That I’m 64 is something I barely notice. That Steve Alford is almost 62 makes me want to jump off a bridge. The thought of hiring Alford out of retirement makes me want to build a bridge just to jump off it. Hovadipo, go iu bb, Class of '66 Old Fart and 2 others 1 1 3 Quote
RaceToTheTop Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Question on TKR's case.... We know he's received a temporary injunction and has entered the transfer portal. At this point I've not heard of him committing anywhere. Furthermore, I don't think he is enrolled with any school. So how could he be eligible anywhere this semester regardless of court rulings? Quote
RaceToTheTop Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Found more information on TKR -- next step is a court date next Monday. Also, FYI, in terms of Painter saying he would not take back any of last season's graduates as they 'had already had their time', it appears he is true to his words -- TKR indicates he will not be returning to Purdue even if ruled eligible. https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/whats-next-ex-purdue-player-150808769.html Quote
OliviaPope40 Posted September 25 Posted September 25 15 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said: Found more information on TKR -- next step is a court date next Monday. Also, FYI, in terms of Painter saying he would not take back any of last season's graduates as they 'had already had their time', it appears he is true to his words -- TKR indicates he will not be returning to Purdue even if ruled eligible. https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/whats-next-ex-purdue-player-150808769.html Wonder where he would end up if ruled eligible. Quote
OliviaPope40 Posted September 25 Posted September 25 https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/50009840/chris-spatola-espn-college-basketball-analyst-dies-age-47 Something that you never want to see happen but I will say he was a good announcer I thought. Quote
jermhoosierfan Posted September 25 Posted September 25 14 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said: Found more information on TKR -- next step is a court date next Monday. Also, FYI, in terms of Painter saying he would not take back any of last season's graduates as they 'had already had their time', it appears he is true to his words -- TKR indicates he will not be returning to Purdue even if ruled eligible. https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/whats-next-ex-purdue-player-150808769.html The only reason to go back is because he would make more in college with NIL than in the NBA on a second round contract. He has used up his time under the old and the new rules, so I don't know how he can get eligibility. Quote
ebridges24 Posted September 25 Posted September 25 20 hours ago, Demo said: That I’m 64 is something I barely notice. That Steve Alford is almost 62 makes me want to jump off a bridge. I gotcha by one year Demo 1 Quote
Home Jersey Posted Saturday at 01:50 AM Posted Saturday at 01:50 AM Tre White is coming back to Kansas Quote
RaceToTheTop Posted Sunday at 02:40 PM Posted Sunday at 02:40 PM On 9/25/2026 at 10:47 AM, jermhoosierfan said: The only reason to go back is because he would make more in college with NIL than in the NBA on a second round contract. He has used up his time under the old and the new rules, so I don't know how he can get eligibility. I don’t know how he could be eligible either but he currently is. Quote
LamarCheeks Posted Monday at 03:41 PM Posted Monday at 03:41 PM Class of '66 Old Fart, pumpfake and Home Jersey 2 1 Quote
str8baller Posted Monday at 03:52 PM Posted Monday at 03:52 PM 10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said: At this point, I need some sort of pictorial matrix of eligibility. Does this apply to Alexis or not? Quote
Home Jersey Posted Monday at 03:54 PM Posted Monday at 03:54 PM 13 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said: Thanks for posting. I assume this doesn't include players who participated in the Summer League like Sam Alexis. So over the constant eligibility news cycle Class of '66 Old Fart and Demo 2 Quote
Demo Posted Monday at 04:03 PM Posted Monday at 04:03 PM 6 minutes ago, Home Jersey said: Thanks for posting. I assume this doesn't include players who participated in the Summer League like Sam Alexis. So over the constant eligibility news cycle The language seems to leave what I would assume is an intentional gap for players in the Alexis/Wyatt sort of category. HoosierHoopster, Class of '66 Old Fart and Home Jersey 3 Quote
TheWatShot Posted Monday at 06:06 PM Posted Monday at 06:06 PM 2 hours ago, str8baller said: At this point, I need some sort of pictorial matrix of eligibility. Does this apply to Alexis or not? As long as he didn't declare for the draft or sign any contract with any professional team, he should be good to go. The Big Ten is barring anyone who was drafted, anyone who signed with an NBA or G-League team, as well as anyone who declared for the draft and never withdrew. This was in the works for awhile...which made it a lot easier for someone like Matt Painter to virtue-signal and say they wouldn't take any of their former players back. Quote
str8baller Posted Monday at 11:34 PM Posted Monday at 11:34 PM 5 hours ago, TheWatShot said: As long as he didn't declare for the draft or sign any contract with any professional team, he should be good to go. The Big Ten is barring anyone who was drafted, anyone who signed with an NBA or G-League team, as well as anyone who declared for the draft and never withdrew. This was in the works for awhile...which made it a lot easier for someone like Matt Painter to virtue-signal and say they wouldn't take any of their former players back. You don’t sign a contract in summer league? Edit: nvmnd. Answered in another thread Quote
Class of '66 Old Fart Posted Tuesday at 02:25 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:25 PM Goodman - One of LSU’s international players has opted to return overseas. Brazilian forward Marcio Santos, 23, who played for Maccabi Tel Aviv last season, has reportedly signed a 2-year deal with Kosner Baskonia in Spain. go iu bb, Demo, jermhoosierfan and 3 others 6 Quote
LIHoosier Posted Tuesday at 05:45 PM Posted Tuesday at 05:45 PM This happened on an outdoor tennis court and I'm disappointed USPS didn't give us play by play ;) Must've been fun playing completely in the sun on one side and in complete shade on the other. Class of '66 Old Fart, Uspshoosier and jermhoosierfan 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.