Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OGIUAndy

Oumar Ballo (7'0" C) TO INDIANA

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:
22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh!

I was mislead because you literally said that “bigs that can’t shoot threes” was your problem.

So I guess what you really meant was that “there is nothing this staff can do no matter what to make you think we can win enough to make you happy!”

So let me amend my response:

Wrong thread: redundant mopey sadness about Woody is best expressed in the Fire Mike Woodson thread.

Well I can't help that you couldn't make the connection between Ballo and ANOTHER, (as I stated), big we've experienced that had no outside shooting ability. 

Sunshine pumpers are pumping like it's their career. Back over to the realistic thread I go

38 minutes ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

I didn't realize Mike Woodson was coaching either of those bigs. I'll go back and watch it again just in case I missed it

Wrong thread. What does that have to do with complaining about dominant big men anyway? You'd rather have an inferior stretch big?

1 hour ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

Whether or not he can shoot 3s really wasn't the main point, simply an observation. I see nothing SO FAR to change my perception that this team is still no better than 2 years ago

That was literally the entirety of your initial post. And it didn't make any sense to begin with. Everyone knows he can't shoot, and as pointed out above you can succeed with a low post option that doesn't shoot. So it just seems like you're reaching for any reason to bring negativity into what is otherwise (and should be) a positive thread. As a Woody critic myself, I promise you it's a lot more enjoyable to find the positives during the offseason and hope Woody figures out the coaching aspect this upcoming season. This is going to be a much more talented roster and this kid is a big part of it. 

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

That was literally the entirety of your initial post. And it didn't make any sense to begin with. Everyone knows he can't shoot, and as pointed out above you can succeed with a low post option that doesn't shoot. So it just seems like you're reaching for any reason to bring negativity into what is otherwise (and should be) a positive thread. As a Woody critic myself, I promise you it's a lot more enjoyable to find the positives during the offseason and hope Woody figures out the coaching aspect this upcoming season. This is going to be a much more talented roster and this kid is a big part of it. 

No, no it wasn't, but alright. You apparently weren't able to connect the dots on the comparison either. Good day sir

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have to admit, I was a tad worried when I saw the reports early today about the Arkansas visit. 

I didn't want him anywhere near Cal or that chicken money. 

LOL. 

I think we all were a little apprehensive about that but Chris007 called correctly 

1 hour ago, J34 said:

My goodness! We get the top player in the portal, another late 5☆, a top pg/cg(and most likely another), keep everyone we reasonably could've hoped for.

And every positive thread gets pissed on, because of people's hate for our coach. Or we're "overpaying" guys. I'm definitely not a CMW fan(for many reasons), but I want our team to field the best talent money can pay for. If Woody can't do anything with it this coming year, I will be just as excited to see his arrogant a** gone.

Malik,MM,Trey,Ballo,Rice,KC,Gabe,Newton*, and AL is a pretty good start.

Well said!  I totally concur!

6 minutes ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

No, no it wasn't, but alright. You apparently weren't able to connect the dots on the comparison either. Good day sir

If you're referring to TJD, it still makes no sense. Trayce wasn't the issue with those teams, and Ballo isn't the same type of player as Trayce anyways so again, you're reaching just so you can complain. I can't convince you to not be miserable but I can corral you back into the thread of other miserables.

2 hours ago, J34 said:

My goodness! We get the top player in the portal, another late 5☆, a top pg/cg(and most likely another), keep everyone we reasonably could've hoped for.

And every positive thread gets pissed on, because of people's hate for our coach. Or we're "overpaying" guys. I'm definitely not a CMW fan(for many reasons), but I want our team to field the best talent money can pay for. If Woody can't do anything with it this coming year, I will be just as excited to see his arrogant a** gone.

Don't forget Tucker.

3 hours ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

Another dominant big who can't shoot 3s. I hate to be a downer here but we've all seen this before. 

At least 1/3 of these dots are about not being able to shoot 3s. Another 1/3 are I guess being concerned he is dominant?  Strange worry but that gets to the last 1/3 of the dots, being a downer.  

If we stop here then I understand some concern but the staff clearly is going after guards and some shooters. That part we have not seen before 

2 hours ago, J34 said:

Well said

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

That much wine is flammable. 

But in all seriousness, we've known for a week and a half that we got Rice, Carlyle, and Ballo. Unless the news is just now getting to you. Things might travel a little slower in your neck of the woods

No matter how long you’ve known is irrelevant Woody is reeling them in. It’s awesome