Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Joe Tipton put Iu down as his pick on On3 website. 

Move off Cal

If I remember right Ware was supposed to visit Alabama. He ended up not going. Hope this is the same here. I don't want him anywhere near Cal. 

1 minute ago, Jam said:

That guy couldn’t see the floor at Wisconsin.

I get it, but we wouldn't take him off the bench? He made the all-freshman team a year ago, he got injured and Storr and Blackwell held his minutes. I'm fine with Leal playing minutes again if we don't get anyone, but Essegian feels like a good risk to take to play a Zeisloft role

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Joe Tipton put Iu down as his pick on On3 website. 

Move off Cal

I would’ve expected Bradshaw to wait and maybe follow Cal-didn’t see his quick commit to tOSU coming 

11 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

That's fair. Is it crazy to think the staff isn't ruling out recruiting over Galloway though? I wouldn't be against it. *ducks*

They're still contacting guys in what I believe to be the Conwell/Hickman tier, so either they're clueless (possible!) or they're not worried about hurting feelings right?

Wouldn’t you be recruiting over Tucker first? 

I get that Galloway shot it poorly last year but he was still an effective ball handler and an above average defender. Sending him to the bench probably already makes us worse defensively. Putting a freshman wing and mid major guard in his bench spot 100% hurts us defensively, and maybe offensively depending on how ball handling duties get carved up. 

Just seems fairly unlikely those two haven’t been given some assurances on PT. Signing Tucker and barely playing seems like it might hurt Woodys recruiting strategy of going “big game hunting.”

Interesting puzzle to solve, for sure though. I just don’t see a lot left on the bench for non-bigs

4 minutes ago, SamIam said:

I get it, but we wouldn't take him off the bench? He made the all-freshman team a year ago, he got injured and Storr and Blackwell held his minutes. I'm fine with Leal playing minutes again if we don't get anyone, but Essegian feels like a good risk to take to play a Zeisloft role

Essegian should be looking to go somewhere he can play.  At IU he would be behind Rice, Carlyle, and Galloway.  Could also be behind Tucker if Tucker plays some at the 2 and Essegian can't play the point, so he'd be behind Cupps at the one.  Essegian is a reclamation product and I believe he will get his game back, but for his sake he needs to get it back by being on the court and not the bench.