Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

27 minutes ago, Trish said:

Is there any reason why the Stanford kid hasn't committed yet? Thought it was done. 

He is coming on Friday. Would assume he commits by Sunday. I don't know if he has any other visits lined up or not. 

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I am always confused by the amount of these dudes that take one of their scheduled visits and then don't go on others? Like... why? 

Free food is intriguing enough for me :farting_smiley:

If I'm Ballo, I'm not committing until the staff take me to Little Zagrebs, though, and not Malibu Grill. 

Traveling kinda sucks sometimes, especially when you’ve been doing it for a bit. I’ve canceled job interviews/school visits when I know I won’t accept their offer over a current offer. Not exactly comparable, but if you know you won’t take an offer over one you already have it’s just a waste of time going through the motions. He very well could commit to IU, but going on other visits signals he’s at least receptive to other schools, imo. 

So upcoming visits:

Elijah Malone (Grace) -- coming in on Thursday

Kanaan Carlyle (Stanford) -- coming in on Friday

Amari Williams (Drexel) -- coming in on Friday

Malone set up three visits:  Notre Dame, Indiana, and Colorado.  He already visited Notre Dame (arrived there on the 12th).  Didn't commit on the visit.

Williams visited Mississippi State last weekend.  After the IU visit he is scheduled to visit Kentucky.

15 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

What about North Carolina I assume they have big money also.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

They do have money but weren't in the top 5 of the initial offers his agent received. 

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So upcoming visits:

Elijah Malone (Grace) -- coming in on Thursday

Kanaan Carlyle (Stanford) -- coming in on Friday

Amari Williams (Drexel) -- coming in on Friday

Malone is someone I'd like to get regardless. Seems like a solid option as a backup 5. 

Tyme seems to be in hiding after someone pointed out that yesterday Trilly Donovan said that Ballo was taking other visits and Tyme basically implied that wasn't true and that Trilly was wrong about IU "98% of the time".
Let's see if he keeps it on his feed or scrubs it.
Tyme blocked most of us so we cannot see what he posts

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Traveling kinda sucks sometimes, especially when you’ve been doing it for a bit. I’ve canceled job interviews/school visits when I know I won’t accept their offer over a current offer. Not exactly comparable, but if you know you won’t take an offer over one you already have it’s just a waste of time going through the motions. He very well could commit to IU, but going on other visits signals he’s at least receptive to other schools, imo. 

Again, why wouldn't he be? It takes 1.5 hrs of a gorgeous drive to get from Bloomington to Louisville.. 

I mean, when and where was his original flight home planned? 

Probably Louisville Airport on the 17th or 18th? ... little to no reason NOT to take that visit. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

That’s exactly my feelings.  He going to play it out for all it’s worth, IMO

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

They do have money but weren't in the top 5 of the initial offers his agent received. 

They are now involved in heavy conversations with Jonas Aidoo from Tennessee.  Aidoo is a Durham native.  would make sense for them.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/article/jonas-aidoo-unc-basketball-tennessee-transfer-portal-hubert-davis-230472904/

1 minute ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Have my next meeting in 20, hope it happens during that so I have something nice to come back to

Rabby said were still in good shape with him.

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sounds like Mike needs to call Cindy and Carl and ask for another mil.