Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think the Arkansas visit is off. Ballo will be a Hoosier today

If Ballo commits does Williams still visit (fwiw he’s got some positional versatility)?

and if not maybe Malone or Brea gets the last spot (assuming Carlyle is on board)?

5 hours ago, Juwan Moye said:

Really looking forward to that “Ballo has cancelled his Louisville visit” report. If he makes it there then it’s time to get nervous. Not because of UofL, but because he’s at a minimum trying to utilize his leverage to improve the offer.

I still think we find the money regardless.

We made it! :)

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was eating my double cheeseburger when I got that text and my fat fingers couldn't type fast enough. Trilly beat me to it

Has anyone seen you, Trilly and Tyme together? Hmmmmm……..

1 minute ago, Magisterium said:

If Ballo commits does Williams still visit (fwiw he’s got some positional versatility)?

and if not maybe Malone or Brea gets the last spot (assuming Carlyle is on board)?

I would be surprised to see Williams still visit but Rabby confirmed that Malone is still on for Thursday

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would be surprised to see Williams still visit but Rabby confirmed that Malone is still on for Thursday

Assuming everything we have heard about Ballo commitment, Malone still makes sense as a backup big.  Skill set is different than Reneau and Ballo.

5 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

Malone still visiting per rabs

7 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Wouldn’t you be recruiting over Tucker first? 

I get that Galloway shot it poorly last year but he was still an effective ball handler and an above average defender. Sending him to the bench probably already makes us worse defensively. Putting a freshman wing and mid major guard in his bench spot 100% hurts us defensively, and maybe offensively depending on how ball handling duties get carved up. 

Just seems fairly unlikely those two haven’t been given some assurances on PT. Signing Tucker and barely playing seems like it might hurt Woodys recruiting strategy of going “big game hunting.”

Interesting puzzle to solve, for sure though. I just don’t see a lot left on the bench for non-bigs

Yeah, it’s a really complicated situation. I don’t think it would be as much if they weren’t still going after really good guards. That’s what kind of throws me off. I guess it’s possible that it’s just due diligence though.

18 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Trilly just posted a gif for IU for Ballo. Also said video will be up within the hour. 

Yeah and how many IU gifs did he post in regard to Boogie Fland when that recruitment was winding down?

Anyone remember the coach we were going up against?

Woodson and company did tremendous this off-season.

Now, can they put it together and finally make it to the second weekend? We'll see come March.

Congrats to the staff! This will ease the hot seat for the summer. 

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Think about the roller coaster Tyme is going through right now from being right to wrong to right to wrong to right...

Not sure we will know how to judge his being right vs wrong until the end.  He has said that the staff will rebuild through the portal with very strong additions.  He has also suggested 3 to 4 guard/wings 1 defensive 4/5, and one stretch big.  So if those come to pass, even if you miss a guy like Hickman but fill with very solid pieces overall, got to give the man his due.  So far we have a very good PG pick up, a surprising late McDs HS addition and seem close to landing the portal's top kid.  Seems like a good start.  

Now landing the remaining pieces will get harder since playing time has to be a factor right.  Personally, I kind of think the NAIA kid could make an interesting addition as a stretch 4/5 bench guy.  If you can land the kid from Evansville, as a bench guy, that would be a very nice add too.  But I can see the bench players being a little less sizzle than the top 3 kids and tucker thus creating more arguing about how we did lol

Still a lot to play out here.