Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not sure if this is sorta known or if the topic has been broached -- I've been on vacation and visiting with out-of-town friends the past couple days, therefore mostly out of the loop -- but according to Tyme on Twitter, getting both Goode and Anderson isn't really an option. 

Guess it's one or the other. 

Doesn’t matter to me as long as we get one of them 

53 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Just a hypothetical question since he is off the board, but for what this team needs would you rather have Hickman or Goode for the plug-in shooter role?

i don’t think there was ever more than 15 minutes available when you look at the guards we prioritized, but which do you feel is the better player in this spot?

It looks to me like Goode is a cleaner fit — the guard depth makes it harder to find a spot for e.g. Hickman/Essegian.

Whereas Goode can play 3/4 alongside Mgbako, spell Mgbako, play small ball 4, he’s high-level insurance if you need to patch up even up to 25-30 mpg if a starter is dinged up or Tucker isn’t quite as ready as you’d hope.

The Kopp comp @RaceToTheTop made is cleaner than lots of player comps. He’s more rugged and capable defensively and on the boards than Miller, and probably a bit less of a shooter (but career 38.8% on 219 attempts is about all you can hope for).

Also had a year when he only played 10 games, so I wonder if there’s any chance he petitions for a 5th year after next.

54 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

He's also one of the first who posted that he was in the portal. 

OT here..went and looked at his predictions. He has Mason Gillis going to Duke. Didn't see that one coming. 

Goode would be an excellent fit here. A Mgbako - Goode forward pairing will hold up defensively against all but the biggest opponents. And offensively, that is an outstanding fit next to the penetrating guards we will have.

I consider Goode to be a high level role player, first or second guy off the bench type. I doubt we are going to find anyone better for the role we have available.

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Well i for one am no source, anything i say came from someone else that i have followed for a while and would say has a decent track record. So it seems we have a little bit of a source off here perhaps. Time to get my popcorn out. 

46 minutes ago, lillurk said:

It looks to me like Goode is a cleaner fit — the guard depth makes it harder to find a spot for e.g. Hickman/Essegian.

Whereas Goode can play 3/4 alongside Mgbako, spell Mgbako, play small ball 4, he’s high-level insurance if you need to patch up even up to 25-30 mpg if a starter is dinged up or Tucker isn’t quite as ready as you’d hope.

The Kopp comp @RaceToTheTop made is cleaner than lots of player comps. He’s more rugged and capable defensively and on the boards than Miller, and probably a bit less of a shooter (but career 38.8% on 219 attempts is about all you can hope for).

Also had a year when he only played 10 games, so I wonder if there’s any chance he petitions for a 5th year after next.

if I have to spell his last name, I am going to need a cheat sheet.  LOL

35 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

OT here..went and looked at his predictions. He has Mason Gillis going to Duke. Didn't see that one coming. 

Allegedly Scheyer wants a more experienced lineup to surround Cooper Flagg with next season and he isn’t that concerned about some of the guys he’s losing.

I guess we’ll see how that plays out. Gotta be a big adjustment for programs like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas now that everyone can buy players.

21 minutes ago, cleeter said:

The new rumors swirling (since we all love RUMORS), is that even after getting Goode (which was this morning rumor) is that Anderson actually wouldn't totally be off the table. 

I have zero sources, but can't see how that would make sense for either player. We have a clear role available for a bigger shooting forward off the bench. But not for two of them. 

I like both players, but if Goode wants to come here I think that's a no brainer. We need to add a role player who is good, but not so good that he'll be unhappy coming off the bench. Goode is a proven quality role player at the Big Ten level. He's from an IU family. The fit does not get any cleaner than that.

8 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Yes we need another big for sure.

We do, but I think Goode would close out my core 8 man rotation. I want Reneau playing 5 most of the time when Ballo is out. Still need a portal big for injury/foul trouble insurance, or for specific matchups where there is an opposing 5 that Reneau can't handle.

13 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I have zero sources, but can't see how that would make sense for either player. We have a clear role available for a bigger shooting forward off the bench. But not for two of them. 

I like both players, but if Goode wants to come here I think that's a no brainer. We need to add a role player who is good, but not so good that he'll be unhappy coming off the bench. Goode is a proven quality role player at the Big Ten level. He's from an IU family. The fit does not get any cleaner than that.

I agree. Goode > Anderson