Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I said this the other day, and if it’s the right coach it won’t matter but I’d love for Indiana to keep, Walsh, Howard, Chaney in tow if possible.

Chaney may be feed up, but I’d hope he’d be willing to stay in some form or fashion.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

If Woody does end up getting a 4th year, we should definitely create a GM role to help manage the portal this time around.

God I hope we land at least 3 really good guards for next year. 

Only if they take the salary out of the idiot's pay. After all he can afford it with the extra million he got last year. 

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yep at this point the more Woodson talks the more he rubs me the wrong way

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

The more he breaths the more he rubs me the wrong way. Even though he was a great player he is absolutely worthless as a coach and leader of this program. I hated the hire and I despise everything about him. I hope we lose out so we have some sort of a chance of getting rid of his incompetent a??!

47 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I think many of us suspected that was the case.

I don't think you can force an assistant (ambassador, director, whatever) on a coach and expect him to heed any advice.  When Woodson was hired, the structure sounded promising but was a flop.

Makes you wonder what the real reason Fife was let go. I tend to believe he was much more competent that Woodson.

17 minutes ago, HoosierMoore said:

I am going to preemptively have a pour for our new coach, or drink a hell of a lot more if Woodson stays!  Winning either way. Cheers!

IMG_5658.jpeg

Might have to open up the Blanton's, Eagle Rare or E.H. Taylor if there is a change. 

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

Might have to open up the Blanton's, Eagle Rare or E.H. Taylor if there is a change. 

Yes Sir!  That’s great.  I have them in the cabinet as well.  Let me know which one you pick and we’ll have a virtual toast when the time is right!. Ha!  

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

I think many of us suspected that was the case.

I don't think you can force an assistant (ambassador, director, whatever) on a coach and expect him to heed any advice.  When Woodson was hired, the structure sounded promising but was a flop.

That’s nonsense.  If Woodson wasn’t so damn arrogant he’d be picking Matta’s brain at all hours.  The best coaches are always learning and adapting.  Woodson being a first time college coach didn’t have the answers.  Matta did.  What a fkg waste.  

The more he breaths the more he rubs me the wrong way. Even though he was a great player he is absolutely worthless as a coach and leader of this program. I hated the hire and I despise everything about him. I hope we lose out so we have some sort of a chance of getting rid of his incompetent a??!
That's why I'm not going to sit here and say he is a great guy blah blah blah. What makes him a great guy cause he went to iu? Bottom line is he never gets this job if he didn't go to iu. And the fact he went to iu should have no bearing on his job evaluation. To me he just seems like any other delusional coach in way over his head who is making excuses now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That’s nonsense.  If Woodson wasn’t so damn arrogant he’d be picking Matta’s brain at all hours.  The best coaches are always learning and adapting.  Woodson being a first time college coach didn’t have the answers.  Matta did.  What a fkg waste.  

Agree.  Woodson should have been told it was a condition of him getting the job that he would accept the structure put in place around him.  

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I said this the other day, and if it’s the right coach it won’t matter but I’d love for Indiana to keep, Walsh, Howard, Chaney in tow if possible.

Chaney may be feed up, but I’d hope he’d be willing to stay in some form or fashion.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It's very rare for a new coach to retain current staff members. It happens, but I imagine all staff members will be removed if a change was made. 

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Some are saying it's the best podcast ever.

But, in seriousness: I never went on one as I try to keep a low-profile and I'm still getting a lot better at secrets than I used to be. 

Mike and Bob have very good, analytical minds for basketball.

Obviously we didn't get into the "current IU coach" thing for obvious reasons: it wasn't the point of the episode. 

But, many (not myself) will have a chance to discuss this in-length as IU's season comes to an end in about 12 days' time. 

In my only other post here (FEB 16), I said all of the coaches expected to be back and so did Woodson. 

I'm always the first to admit when I'm wrong and things change... 

The guys who run this website do a good job and don't need anyone to piggy-back what they are saying, Nice work. Go Hoosiers! -Sam

Welcome, and please post a few more times to be shed of that ugly "newbie" tag ("Purdue jockstrap").

24 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

You win the internet today... this could not be more true...

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Trish said:

It's very rare for a new coach to retain current staff members. It happens, but I imagine all staff members will be removed if a change was made. 

Interestingly this is how Dusty May got his break. Was an assistant at Louisiana Tech when his head coach was fired. He impressed incoming coach Mike White enough that White retained him, and eventually took him to Florida too.

So if it is May, I'd assume he'd be at least somewhat open to the idea.

Edited by Shooter