Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As long as your OK with last season being a great season (His words) and that he will be the coach for as long as he wants to be

80ac584f-7ed8-4762-a122-8b7a2f0e77bc_text.gif

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

80ac584f-7ed8-4762-a122-8b7a2f0e77bc_text.gif

I've heard him say both. He truly believes both things are true. I don't like the HH guys either. Have gotten into it with Eric a couple of times. But this is exactly how Woody is and has always been. I'm just glad what I was saying last season has shown to be true. 

40 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just a quick recap of the podcast. Woodson asked Eric to come to Bloomington for an in-person meeting in April. He refused to do it over the phone, via Zoom, or any other way.

Dolson, Woodson, and Eric all met in Woody's private area. Woody was upset that they had called him stubborn and had Brian Evans on their podcast in February. 

Woody said he was disappointed that he let them into his inner circle and they let him down. Even though he had asked Eric to give his kids a job on carpool karaoke.

So because of that, he was canceling Fanfest, the golf tournament, and anything else to do with HH. They asked if they could let someone else host it and he said NO. They asked why is he doing this and he said because Mike Woodson was being stubborn. HAHA the irony. 

They said why hurt the fans? He said he didn't care, true fans like him. They asked why hurt the players from getting money from this. He said the players don't need that money, they are getting big money from his buddies in NIL this year.

He told them he has been successful in every aspect of basketball and that last season was a Great Season. OMG, I can't believe that part.

Lastly, he said he wanted them to know this, and he wanted Dolson to hear this. Mike Woodson will be the coach at IU for as long as Mike Woodson wants to be the coach

Dolson never said a word during the whole meeting. 

Exactly what I feared when IU wouldn't sack up and get rid of him.

13 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Exactly what I feared when IU wouldn't sack up and get rid of him.

That was why it was important to move on last season. He knows he's invincible now.

Dusty or anyone else wouldn't have the ego he has. 

I don't know Woodson, but I know the Hysterics will do and say whatever is in their interest. They should have been cut off a long time ago. The how of it doesn't concern me as much as I'm glad it's finally done.
Jeff Goodman out there tweeting support of the Hysterics, as if I needed to feel any better about taking the opposite side.

They are definitely controversial, but I liked listening to some of the eps when I was pissed off and hear them say some of the things I was thinking. Too many other pods just pump the sunshine when things are bad.

I do see the other side of it but I realize it’s not in the best interest of the program to have them speak their minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Hysterics guys are kind of embarassing BUT those events are/were a pretty good way to connect fans to players in an NIL world.  I definitely wanted them reined in a bit, but this seems to be a bit of an overreaction.

Woodson has an ego that doesn't match his accomplishments.  I hope he wins a bunch of games but not a fan, will be happy when he moves on.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That was why it was important to move on last season. He knows he's invincible now.

Dusty or anyone else wouldn't have the ego he has. 

Yep. Not about the program now, if it ever was, it's about protecting Woodson's feelings.

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think the Hysterics guys are kind of embarassing BUT those events are/were a pretty good way to connect fans to players in an NIL world.  I definitely wanted them reined in a bit, but this seems to be a bit of an overreaction.

Woodson has an ego that doesn't match his accomplishments.  I hope he wins a bunch of games but not a fan, will be happy when he moves on.

I never got to attend one, but had heard positive things about them.

In a world where Woody doesn't need their NIL money anymore, I am not surprised they landed here. Hoosier Hysterics though could have put out a press release, said it was canceled due to unforeseen conflicts, and possibly worked their way back into favor. It's not like Dolson or Woody were putting PR out detailing the "why" behind it...they are driving the nail into their coffin by doing this.

I always wondered if the Athletic department worried if this event stole some thunder from Hoosier Hysteria. Which in full disclosure, I really think they need to revamp. I loyally went year after year before moving, and it had gotten very stale. 

I never got to attend one, but had heard positive things about them.
In a world where Woody doesn't need their NIL money anymore, I am not surprised they landed here. Hoosier Hysterics though could have put out a press release, said it was canceled due to unforeseen conflicts, and possibly worked their way back into favor. It's not like Dolson or Woody were putting PR out detailing the "why" behind it...they are driving the nail into their coffin by doing this.
I always wondered if the Athletic department worried if this event stole some thunder from Hoosier Hysteria. Which in full disclosure, I really think they need to revamp. I loyally went year after year before moving, and it had gotten very stale. 

Gives them a little bit of credit of being unfiltered even at expense of losing access on their end. People would have figured it out when Brian Evan’s was the guest every other show this season. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk