Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

11 hours ago, TTT said:

Such a parallel to IU football tradition that is becoming the IU basketball tradition.  For many of the seven decades I have followed IU football I remember often thinking to myself it can’t get more worse than it is.  And yet it would often get worse.

Now and for along time now IU basketball it can’t get any more worse than it is but it continues to get worse.  Wisconsin, teams like Nebraska and Penn State would hardly ever beat IU especially at home going back 3 or 4 decades but it has become a regular occurrence with insignificance in any kind of post season.

That makes sense since the football hires showed the ADs IU has hired across the decades don't really know what they're looking for in a coach. They happened to get lucky with Knight but once he was gone the football hiring incompetence also became basketball hiring incompetence.

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I just don’t want to have to wait til the end of the season to know 100% sure whether we are making the move. Obviously they probably wouldn’t announce it until then, but having some concrete reassurance aside from the obvious dumpster fire would be great ha. 

Won't happen. Didn't happen with Crean, didn't happen with Miller, won't happen this time. 

I never realized how fortunate we were that the Davis era ended the way it did. 

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I am not saying I want CMW as our coach but we have the expectation to give the coach behind 4-5 years but we only gave Woodson 3.  To me, the precedent has been set, he needs to turn it around 3 years or less, I’m not getting any younger 

I cannot imagine any coach who is seriously interested in the Indiana job would (1) not already know what a train wreck it's been this season, and (2) seek out answers to WHY this is a cluster****... do their due diligence to recognize what is really happening in Bloomington, and then so some serious soul searching to determine if (1) it's worth their effort, and (2) if they really think that they can make a difference/succeed at Indiana.

Only a fool would take the job oblivious to what's been going on, and without seriously evaluating their honest chance of survival here.

2 minutes ago, hoosierhoo said:

Anyone able to recap what Jeff Borzello from ESPN had to say in his coaching carousel update?

Nothing at all, just that Woodson will likely get another year. 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Date Opponent IU  Opp Margin  Venue
Nov '23 U Conn 57 77 20 New York
Dec '23 Auburn 76 104 28 Atlanta
Dec '23 Kansas 71 75 4 Bloomington
Jan '24 Nebraska 70 86 16 Lincoln, NE
Jan '24 Rutgers 57 66 9 Piscataway
Jan '24 Purdue 66 87 21 Bloomington
Jan '24 Wisconsin 79 91 12 Madison
Jan '24 Illinois 52 70 18 Champaign
Feb '24 Penn State 71 85 14 Bloomington
Feb '24 Purdue 59 79 20 West Lafayette
Feb '24 Northwestern 72 76 4 Bloomington
Feb '24 Nebraska 70 85 15 Bloomington

23-24 AVG 67 82 15 9 of 12 Double Digits

And the home NW game wasn't as close as the final score. It was a blow out most of the game

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I cannot imagine any coach who is seriously interested in the Indiana job would (1) not already know what a train wreck it's been this season, and (2) seek out answers to WHY this this is a cluster****... do their due diligent to recognize what is really happening in Bloomington, and then so some serious soul searching to determine if (1) it's worth their effort, and (2) if they really think that they can make a difference/succeed at Indiana.

Only a fool would take the job oblivious to what's been going on, and without seriously evaluating their honest chance of survival here.

So are you saying this is an institutional issue and Woodson/previous coaches arent to blame. Whoever comes next wont succeed?

13 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I think that the money owed to Woodson due to the "raise" contract should come out of Dolson's salary. That was an $8M mistake that he should pay for.

What's the obsession with this? I understand it was a bad move by Dolson, but like... who cares? Indiana has money that grows on trees and boosters to go with it. 

We aren't Texas money-wise-- be we aren't lacking. It isn't our money. 

17 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

boggles the mind... the recent "raise" contract also reset the buyout from 50% of remaining money owed to 100% of remaining money owed.

If Woody was pressuring the athletic department, you just tell him he’s done a decent job in yr 1&2…but still needs to meet his personal goals (competing for big 10 and national championships) to be upped…let’s see how yr 3 goes buddy. If we just threw it on as gravy on top…well, that’s kind of complete mismanagement and unthinkable!! 

Just now, ledies22 said:

So are you saying this is an institutional issue and Woodson/previous coaches arent to blame. Whoever comes next wont succeed?

Lack of success for thirty years is an administration issue.  We need better people who know how to run a program.  

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

What did he say. The only thing I saw was a fake post with a fake quote 

Oh boy. Guess I got duped. A ton of verified accounts posted that. 

I think the point still stands, as far as the buyout and his age. Doesn’t make sense. 

nevermind. I’ve changed my mind. Get him. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think the few remaining people Woody had on his side he lost last night. Anyone can see what IU means to Trey, and how hard he works during the game, then you're going to call a timeout to rip him a new one for getting beat once. Then blame him for the loss because he had 6 turnovers. To also say we would be much better off if we had Xavier. We have all watched him play and we wouldn't be that much better. No one will want to get on a sinking ship

Go off King! 

Got my generic response from the BOT

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write to the IU trustees to express your concerns about the men’s basketball program. I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email in the Office of the Board of Trustees, and to note that it has been forwarded for further review/consideration.

Just now, Scotty R said:

Got my generic response from the BOT

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write to the IU trustees to express your concerns about the men’s basketball program. I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email in the Office of the Board of Trustees, and to note that it has been forwarded for further review/consideration.

Must be getting an overwhelming amount of emails/complaints and have set up an auto response because they can’t keep up.