Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Archie Miller Assessment Thread

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's to the point where we can't get any other coaches so might as well keep Woody for one more year

Not sure I agree with that one.  I think it’s at the point where the actual people in charge think that Woody deserves to be here 1 more year.    Too many good coaches that would crawl to Bloomington if they were offered yesterday.  By good coaches I mean any good young or old college  coach would do it just might not be the big name or shiny name the fan base wants and craves.  

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not sure I agree with that one.  I think it’s at the point where the actual people in charge think that Woody deserves to be here 1 more year.    Too many good coaches that would crawl to Bloomington if they were offered yesterday.  By good coaches I mean any good young or old college  coach would do it just might not be the big name or shiny name the fan base wants and craves.  

Sorry I was just being a little too sarcastic. Yes there are many good coaches out there that I would help them move to Bloomington to be the coach. 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I'll have one name as beautiful and shiny as a pearl please and thank you. :-)

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Unless it's a repeat of this year I don't see it being just one. Even a repeat of his first year where we barely make the tournament then gets whooped I see them making excuses to keep him.

This is my biggest concern.  What are the expectations that Woodson needs to meet?  Is the bar so low that just making the tournament is good enough?  You have to move on or extend him after next year and I'm worried about the wrong decision from this administration.  

1 minute ago, JF87 said:

This is my biggest concern.  What are the expectations that Woodson needs to meet?  Is the bar so low that just making the tournament is good enough?  You have to move on or extend him after next year and I'm worried about the wrong decision from this administration.  

Well they've made the wrong one twice when it comes to him, no reason to expect they'll get it right next year.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sorry I was just being a little too sarcastic. Yes there are many good coaches out there that I would help them move to Bloomington to be the coach. 

So let’s fast forward. Assuming May takes a new gig and wouldn’t want to leave after a year at a big program. Who is on your list in 12 months? Any guys that continue to build their resume? I’ll give my list. 2 tiers

Tier 1(make it a point not to get past this list) no particular order

Bruce Pearl, TJ Otzelberger, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett, Scott Drew

Tier 2 - this group would need to prove themselves again next year with consistency, but could make the discussion 

Micah Shrewsberry, Josh Schertz, and a wild card for me is Will Wade. Don’t think IU would ever touch him but same stuff Sean Miller and Self were involved in. And he’s still very young at 41. He’s going to get another chance somewhere. 

1 minute ago, ib4iu said:

So let’s fast forward. Assuming May takes a new gig and wouldn’t want to leave after a year at a big program. Who is on your list in 12 months? Any guys that continue to build their resume? I’ll give my list. 2 tiers

Tier 1(make it a point not to get past this list) no particular order

Bruce Pearl, TJ Otzelberger, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett, Scott Drew

Tier 2 - this group would need to prove themselves again next year with consistency, but could make the discussion 

Micah Shrewsberry, Josh Schertz, and a wild card for me is Will Wade. Don’t think IU would ever touch him but same stuff Sean Miller and Self were involved in. And he’s still very young at 41. He’s going to get another chance somewhere. 

I would remove Tony Bennett and Bruce Pearl from the list for next year. Probably even Scott Drew just because it sounds like Louisville made him a generous offer and he said no if Dusty gets the job.

No way IU goes after Will Wade even though everything he did is legal now. 

Just not sure what are choices are. 

44 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

My concern is unless next year is a repeat of this one, then I fully expect them to bring him back and set the program even further back then they already did.

Next year if he's back, we'll just raise that NIL amount again.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would remove Tony Bennett and Bruce Pearl from the list for next year. Probably even Scott Drew just because it sounds like Louisville made him a generous offer and he said no if Dusty gets the job.

e46c693b-bf94-4bcf-a4a6-0a280ea1d86d-_steve-alford.jpeg

Well they've made the wrong one twice when it comes to him, no reason to expect they'll get it right next year.
I think knowing how iu operates zero chance they fire him if he squeaks into the tourney next year. They would probably extend him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I think knowing how iu operates zero chance they fire him if he squeaks into the tourney next year. They would probably extend him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

They'd have a choice to fire or extend considering how close the end of his contract would be. No reason to think IU would suddenly get a clue and make the right decision.

And with Woods's ego he wouldn't retire.

1 minute ago, IndyHoops said:

Please god no….no no no no no no….

Keep Woodson instead. 

Don't be shocked.  I really think it's going to get so ugly next season and Woody will leave such a bare roster that no will want the job.  Also, keep in mind who one of Steve's good friends is and who was a student manager from 1984-1988.

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Don't be shocked.  I really think it's going to get so ugly next season and Woody will leave such a bare roster that no will want the job.  Also, keep in mind who one of Steve's good friends is and who was a student manager from 1984-1988.

Plus how are we going to win without Xavier Johnson

51 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Any chance they’d be willing to look at Chris Jans?  Been pretty good everywhere he’s went but has the Bowling Green incident…

Just now, 94Bulldog said:

Any chance they’d be willing to look at Chris Jans?  Been pretty good everywhere he’s went but has the Bowling Green incident…

Anything is possible. I really don't know.