Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t know. It would not be hard to see the rumor that QB was not a fan. May or may not be true but it could definitely chill his desire to be here. Certainly might happen down the road but I don’t think it is a sure thing. 

After hearing FCTC's comments the other day, there is for sure serious issues in the administration!

He did have good things to say about Pam and Scott though.

34 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

After hearing FCTC's comments the other day, there is for sure serious issues in the administration!

Did Tom talk about KathywithaC.   :)

38 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

That tube steak is still butt hurt. Screw him!

4 hours ago, lillurk said:

Tend to think IU can afford to lure him away if it wants later. Not a risk I would’ve taken, but I can see a certain advantage to letting him swing on someone else’s dime.

Why on earth would he want to come here? There is a reason we have to settle whenever we look for a coach. People can blame the fans all they want, but I'm pretty sure the word is out on the clown show that runs things around here. Stroking massive egos seem to be way more important than having a credible basketball program. Whoever thinks they can buy a successful program in the portal every year has way more money than brains. I've been a fan for almost 50 years, but I think I'm reaching my end. This is a total laughing stock disgrace. I'll say again, why would any credible coach want to come here?

7 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Why on earth would he want to come here? There is a reason we have to settle whenever we look for a coach. People can blame the fans all they want, but I'm pretty sure the word is out on the clown show that runs things around here. Stroking massive egos seem to be way more important than having a credible basketball program. Whoever thinks they can buy a successful program in the portal every year has way more money than brains. I've been a fan for almost 50 years, but I think I'm reaching my end. This is a total laughing stock disgrace. I'll say again, why would any credible coach want to come here?

Yep. The fans are an easy patsy. Blame the one group with absolutely zero actual power.

I mean, as much as I hate schools like UNC or Kentucky, it's obvious why they tend not to have the kind of sustained failure like IU. They identify situations that are not working and move on quickly.

Look at UNC, for instance. Matt Doherty - a beloved alum. Out after 2 years a coach, it wasn't working and they weren't going to tank the program for an alum. So they went out and aggresively got the best coach they could. 

What a refreshing view...

29 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Some of the best coaches of our current era either did or would’ve come to IU: Pitino, Beilein, Sampson, seemingly any of Pearl, Stevens, or May if the timing was right.

I think it can be true that

1. IU is one of the most well-resourced, best jobs in the country AND

2. they’ve handled the Knight-Davis, Davis-Sampson, post-Crean transitions and Sampson’s indiscretions poorly.

Sampson HIMSELF at IU show with a good hire you’d be in great shape in a year, and that was at a time when building a team took much longer.

3 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Yeah, but he'll be smart enough to recruit shooters from Indiana because Woody will be too busy playing golf.

He’ll own NE Indiana, where a lot of kids are Michigan fans already.

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

This is awful news. We will never land him now that he is at Michigan. We will lose games, recruits, and our integrity over this. 

You can thank Buckner.

bdot@indiana.edu