Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Wonder if anyone with a say is having second thoughts about last night’s vote of confidence given the McNeeley shocker.

No reason to believe they know ball enough to get it, alas. But the narrow but interesting path to being okay next year just about dried up.

Seems like the plan could’ve waited, even if the goal was to get ahead of portal concerns, there was no need for the timing we got.

Iu’s gonna have a miserable roster next year and a Dusty May presser in April 2025.

What honestly sucks is, some people were afraid that a new coach would set us back so let’s give Woodson next year and see. And now with McNeeley gone, If Woodson doesn’t get good portal players, and current players like MR, JG, and MM hit the portal, we really may be worse than Crean’s first year. 

And we still have Woodson!

I asked a couple of days ago, what is the objective performance basis for keeping Woodson. Haven’t seen it. This is straight dereliction of duty by IU. 

9 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Don't bang on Sparks.  He wanted to be a Hoosier.  You need guys like him to be 11-13 on your roster.  

He’s more like 16-18, especially after that attempted reverse layup.  Man that was god awful. The guy has very limited athletic ability 

Wonder if anyone with a say is having second thoughts about last night’s vote of confidence given the McNeeley shocker.
No reason to believe they know ball enough to get it, alas. But the narrow but interesting path to being okay next year just about dried up.
Seems like the plan could’ve waited, even if the goal was to get ahead of portal concerns, there was no need for the timing we got.
Iu’s gonna have a miserable roster next year and a Dusty May presser in April 2025.

I wish. Really no reason for Dusty to wait to jump. You also have to wonder if he would “walk from Florida to Columbus” and wave at Bloomington on the way by.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m truly not really a doomposter on here or anywhere else. But I worry IU is looking at firing a coach mid-February 2025 at about 10-14 (4-12) and a roster that has mayyybe 1-2 guys the next coach could hope to keep?

Just now, iubhounds2 said:

You do know that is five days away .... five days of having food delivered to the computer desk ... five days of no showers ... five days of no sleep ... five MORE days of LIVING ON THIS FORUM !!!!!!

"hi my name is Steve and I have a forum problem"

Funny… but sad.

3 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

I wish. Really no reason for Dusty to wait to jump. You also have to wonder if he would “walk from Florida to Columbus” and wave at Bloomington on the way by.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If, like me, you basically believe Dusty would almost kill for the job, AND think he’s good, you really have to cling to the hope that he sees what any ball knowing observer sees: he can have this lined up with one more year of patience and success where he’s at.

I believed Scott’s told him as much. Let’s hope.