Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

Man can't we just announce May. If Dolson asks for donations I'm sure the goal can be met.  Ugh I don't want to pick up a new hobby next year to avoid college basketball.  Maybe axe throwing. Curling? junk

I am an avid curler.

Lot’s of fun, great workout, and you can drink while you play.

24 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

This is all true. Thank you for pointing that out. Wasn’t trying to make a case against Dusty or saying he won’t be a success where he goes next, I just haven’t been as impressed as other I guess with the games I’ve watched so far. 

Wish I could have watched them more though this year, every game I’ve caught has been one of their losses

I’m not that convinced either.  They seem sort of average compared to a lot of the good P5 conference teams 

11 hours ago, Mike Rodick said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here but why not take the NIT bid?.IU is pretty much an NIT type team the last 20 years with the exception of a season or two here and there where the basketball God's felt sorry for us and threw us a bone oBenly to bury it in the neighbors yard where we couldn't find very easily soon thereafter.Assuming that guys like Ware,MM,Reneau and any injured players would not be available should not be an excuse not to play in it,there are several players that never got the opportunity to play this year because we did not have any of the traditional "clear the end of the bench" blowouts of the opponents that good teams have and we used to have and those players worked hard in practice all year and never got to play in front of their family and friends and the NIT would give those guys an opportunity.By turning down an NIT bid it almost makes it sound like it's beneath IU to accept it when in reality it's probably what should be expected with what the program has become.

Because Woody might get exposed as a bad coach...LOL

31 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

We basically agree, I’m just saying not being able to have a burger named after you and make money off of it was dumb. 

It was. And I'm all for being able to make money off your value. But it isn't even about that now. It's just what team can get built for said price. NCAA screwed themselves and the judicial system has extra screwed it up by basically saying rules aren't allowed.

20 minutes ago, Mike Rodick said:

Am I missing something about Otzelberger?.Haven't seen his name dropped into the conversation much but apparently the dude is a top notch coach.

15mil buyout if I’m not mistaken 

10 hours ago, Trish said:

He also didn't have to hear the boo's at the end of the game after getting blown out for the third straight year in the final game of the season.

At least Archie stayed around and took the boos back when he did his walk of shame.  

22 minutes ago, Mike Rodick said:

Am I missing something about Otzelberger?.Haven't seen his name dropped into the conversation much but apparently the dude is a top notch coach.

Otzelberger was one of the names discussed on this board several weeks ago.  Then we found out Bruce Pearl wanted to be our coach. 

44 minutes ago, Herotime said:

I’m telling you, Dolson has his guy lined up. I don’t think Woody lasts ten more days.

Do you know something we don’t or is this just your opinion?

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I’m pretty sure you and I have forgotten more about basketball than most of the trustees will ever know. Even Quinn doesn’t watch college basketball. The only argument at this point they have is we always give IU coaches four years.

So if next season circles the drain, will their rationale shift to “hey, Crean got 9 years…”?

10 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

Maybe would've helped to keep guys like Matta and Fife who knew the college game well around a little longer... or actually listen to Matta while he was here at least

Question who here is mad that Matta is not our coach?  Would we been happy if Woody handed the baton off to Matta instead of running him off?  I kind of thought that was the plan when Matta was brought to do his role (can't remember his title), but thought next coach up.

Just now, Hoosier DaDa said:

Question who here is mad that Matta is not our coach?  Would we been happy if Woody handed the baton off to Matta instead of running him off?  I kind of thought that was the plan when Matta was brought to do his role (can't remember his title), but thought next coach up.

Matta was the best coach on that staff

2 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

So if next season circles the drain, will their rationale shift to “hey, Crean got 9 years…”?

That does bring up the question on how low the bar is for Woodson next year.  Does top 10 in the new Big Ten and squeaking into the NCAA tournament get him extended?  My fear is that it does because they are desperate to prove Mike can coach.  

That does bring up the question on how low the bar is for Woodson next year.  Does top 10 in the new Big Ten and squeaking into the NCAA tournament get him extended?  My fear is that it does because they are desperate to prove Mike can coach.  
Yes the bar is very low. Even just sniffing the tourney could be enough for year 5.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk