Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I have never seen this program with less interest or hope.  The stupid, incredibly stupid decision to hire Woodson has basically been the final nail in the coffin.  Anybody who can remember our last NC Is old enough to have multiple bottles of Tylenol in their house 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Because NIL was just a front to get players paid to play. Has nothing to do with name, image and likeness.

I mean labor issues aside, it literally does. Prior, it would be illegal for an athlete to endorse a product due to their name and image. They were already getting paid under the table. Now they can at least go on TV and say “I’m Malik Reneau and I drive an F150, you should too, and buy it from your local southern Indiana Ford dealer.”

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I mean labor issues aside, it literally does. Prior, it would be illegal for an athlete to endorse a product due to their name and image. They were already getting paid under the table. Now they can at least go on TV and say “I’m Malik Reneau and I drive an F150, you should too, and buy it from your local southern Indiana Ford dealer.”

Does Malik do that? Or do they just get paid now for being on the team? The way the NCAA implemented NIL will be its death. It's completely out of control, and there's no walking it back.

2 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Down goes Dusty…they may be a first round exit. 

Yes, FAU and Dusty May lost today.  In fact, most coaches lost in their conference tournaments this week.  Yes, FAU may be a first round exit.  There will be 32 coaches that lose in the round of 64 next week. The loss today will have little bearing on what happens next week.  

I have never seen this program with less interest or hope.  The stupid, incredibly stupid decision to hire Woodson has basically been the final nail in the coffin.  Anybody who can remember our last NC Is old enough to have multiple bottles of Tylenol in their house 
You would have to have the world's biggest rose colored glass to think Woodson can turn around this mess. A mess he created. Probably the dumbest hire yet by IU.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Tough to hear that about Dusty... was hoping that this was all a bad dream... but sadly, it's not... it's our reality as Hoosier fans with Buckner driving this ship.

The ship that QB is driving.

200w (4).gif

Just now, JF87 said:

Yes, FAU and Dusty May lost today.  In fact, most coaches lost in their conference tournaments this week.  Yes, FAU may be a first round exit.  There will be 32 coaches that lose in the round of 64 next week. The loss today will have little bearing on what happens next week.  

It was not just today. I have been watching them a lot the last few weeks. Several wins but in most they had to pull away late against teams they were supposed to beat.  Not saying he isn’t great but if you have been watching their last 8 or so games it does make you wonder. 

Does Malik do that? Or do they just get paid now for being on the team? The way the NCAA implemented NIL will be its death. It's completely out of control, and there's no walking it back.
When I was at brown county I seen the big woods in bloomington had the malik burger. So probably got money for that. Sydney just did one for a local car dealership I seen

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I prefer ibuprofen, thank you

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

It was an example, but yes, pretty sure he got a truck and was able to promote it on his social media. In my day we just watched players drive around Btown in brand new cars their parents must have leased lol. It was literally illegal for a basketball player on scholarship to say, I like icy hot and get paid for it because of who they were. It was absurd. We absolutely need regulation or governing body, I went into it a while ago. The easy example is a person on music scholarship can make money teaching people how to play an instrument. A basketball player can’t make money teaching elementary school kids how to play basketball. And it was because of the ncaa. 

14 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I think I’ve just picked bad games to watch them maybe. I haven’t been impressed. They went like 6+ minutes in this game without a bucket. 

That happens sometimes. Houston just got torched by Iowa State, no one is questioning how good Sampson is.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

It was not just today. I have been watching them a lot the last few weeks. Several wins but in most they had to pull away late against teams they were supposed to beat.  Not saying he isn’t great but if you have been watching their last 8 or so games it does make you wonder. 

I've noticed as well, but I don't doubt they'll play up to competition come crunch time.

9 minutes ago, JF87 said:

This is all true. Thank you for pointing that out. Wasn’t trying to make a case against Dusty or saying he won’t be a success where he goes next, I just haven’t been as impressed as other I guess with the games I’ve watched so far. 

Wish I could have watched them more though this year, every game I’ve caught has been one of their losses

11 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

These guys really do nothing but just get paid to be on the team. That's why you have these collectives and players saying how much they want. If it were actually about their NIL, it'd be unknown what kind of money could get until businesses figured out what they were actually worth paying.