Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Knight called them critics but he was smart enough to never use the word fan in a bad way.

Critics, by definition, aren’t fans.  No?  But I get what you’re saying. 

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

I think that “someone” is the untrue fans.  

Now does "someone" at the Indy Star write an article like that without the blessing of Scott Dolson?  He's most definitely coming back but this is all weird to me.

Just now, Golfman25 said:

Critics, by definition, aren’t fans.  No?  

I think it can be explained by Knight that he called media members he didn't like critics. He never said anything bad about fans

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

Now does "someone" at the Indy Star write an article like that without the blessing of Scott Dolson?  He's most definitely coming back but this is all weird to me.

It was an opinion piece from someone from New York. Don't get me wrong I loved the article but it wasn't anyone from the star. 

No he will not.

A quarter century of misguided nostalgia among major boosters, former players, and the IU administration has led to bad decision after bad decision and season after season of disappointment. The Woodson era looks to be the culmination of this inept leadership.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

On the bright side with this big portal budget, hopefully we've learned from last year and do not blow our load on a bunch of reserve type big men. You'd hope we can spread that $6M over 4-6 high quality players. Probably 2 studs and 2 or 3 rotation guys if I had to guess. The money will get us to the table. Will Mike "the closer" Woodson be able to get it done? That's what we're betting on...

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was an opinion piece from someone from New York. Don't get me wrong I loved the article but it wasn't anyone from the star. 

It may or may not have been an Op-Ed by me under a pseudonym. Lol. If I wrote it there would be far more profanity and vulgarity.

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

On the bright side with this big portal budget, hopefully we've learned from last year and do not blow our load on a bunch of reserve type big men. You'd hope we can spread that $6M over 4-6 high quality players. Probably 2 studs and 2 or 3 rotation guys if I had to guess. The money will get us to the table. Will Mike "the closer" Woodson be able to get it done? That's what we're betting on...

I'm guessing both Reneau and Mgbako get raises, then we need a couple of guards, and then of course we need another big man. 

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

The college game is inside out, ask Mike Woodson he'll tell you. Mike Woodson thinks we shoot enough 3s.

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There was a reason Woody thanked Pete Yonkman at the senior day festivities. If anyone doesn't know Pete is the president of Cook Inc. 

The check had been deposited into our NIL collective for next year. If we don't get a recruit from the transfer portal it's because they don't want to play for Mike Woodson and has nothing to do with money. I don't know how much the check was but from what I'm hearing is we won't be outbid for a transfer. 

Who is also on board of Hoosiers Connect NIL

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Note, a person from NY seeing and calling out how bad Woodson has been but IU leadership doesn't give a crap.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There was a reason Woody thanked Pete Yonkman at the senior day festivities. If anyone doesn't know Pete is the president of Cook Inc. 

The check had been deposited into our NIL collective for next year. If we don't get a recruit from the transfer portal it's because they don't want to play for Mike Woodson and has nothing to do with money. I don't know how much the check was but from what I'm hearing is we won't be outbid for a transfer. 

Them what would his excuse be? He can't admit his offense is outdated 

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sigh. I think my best comp for us right now is the LA Angels. They continuously throw big bucks at players who don't fit together and always hover around .500. Always bought, never built. Forever stuck in purgatory. And people are always wondering why they're never any good.

I moved from Indy 28 years ago. All the bells and whistles of the computer age passed me bye and I don’t have access to the information that you all have and that’s okay . I can cherry pick this board. I live in LSU /Bama country but I went to IU 60 years ago and my point is I don’t think I am a true fan or not but I am a loyal fan.

Posing a question in light of the money we apparently have at our disposal: how do we feel about 24-25 if the summer ends like this

PG: Proven 15+ ppg P5 transfer

SG: Proven P5 40ish percent from 3

SF: Galloway

PF: Reneau/Mgbako

C: 5* Rim Protector/Reneau

Bench: guard transfer, leal, cupps, sparks

Are we excited? Still pissed? Indifferent? I know there is a lot of vitriol currently, but maybe we have to consider the massive NIL contributions as a Woody-specific benefit that could outweigh some of his admittedly glaring issues. I doubt they would throw a blank check if we made a change this year. Just trying to talk myself into being excited this summer and next year. I feel defeated already lol

The only benefit of having Woodson next year is that the administration will probably be exposed for the fools and corrupt officials that they are.  I knew this 30 years ago and stands true today. Hopefully more people wake up.  I have no doubt that we might sign good transfer players, but coaching will limit the team to probably a sweet sixteen at best.