Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Serious question: Is anyone else sincerely offended by this crap? Woodson can't cut it so his solution is to rent a team for next season? It's purely and simply trying to find a shortcut because he's too lazy to do the work.

At the very least, this team will not be "your Indiana Hoosiers"... they will be "the group of players that your Indiana Hoosiers purchased"... and then, what happens next year when they are replaced by a new slate of rented players?

Maybe it's just because I am old, but this is ridiculous... 

I’m old.

If that kind of team competed for championships, would you feel the same?

2 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

You are wrong about K-State ... maybe 5 portal but they had 9 TOTAL transfers ... see the link

https://apnews.com/article/ncaa-fau-kansas-state-nowell-final-four-87b06d436ac930493711742890f53ca8

Sorry man, the point was Kansas State didn’t bring in 9 transfers in one year. They brought in 4 one year and 5 the next.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Dukes....

1. Cooper Flagg(No.1)

2. Khaman Maluach(No. 3)

3. Isaiah Evans(No. 12)

4. Kon Knueppel(No. 17)

5. Patrick Ngongba(No. 18)

6. Darren Harris(No. 50)

Are you suggesting Duke actually did some (gasp) recruiting?

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

No, there are tons of examples guys. A lot considering this is a new thing that keeps changing and small sample size.

Last year, KSU had 12 of them. UConn’s was loaded with transfers. SD St 4 of 5 top scorers were transfers. Texas and Xavier was 4/5 main starters. Maimi 3/5.  

Irony is majorly of teams who live at top 15 level, are made up of transfers. 

Here is example at Texas Tech when they brought in 9 and when to sweet 16. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/texas-tech-transfer-portal-sweet-16/itde2lojxnpfebsjtcuaxny7

The fatal flaw with this plan is that they are going to be coached by a man who is the laughing stock of the Big Ten coaches.

5 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I’m old.

If that kind of team competed for championships, would you feel the same?

Yes

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Yes

I’m confused. And not defending Woodson.

it’s been an ongoing criticism that we aren’t keeping up with modern day ball.

Using the portal to its maximum benefit is akin to Moneyball… modern day team management.

Why would that be a bad thing if it brought the results everyone wants?

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

Agree but many are discounting him wanting to go out like this. The level of will it takes to play at that level, play off back surgery etc doesn’t go away. 

Do I think he thought it would be easier, yep. Now he realizes. 

You can say he doesn’t deserve it, cool. But now that he has it, I think people will be surprised.  

Seriously? It took him 3 ******* years to realize that you have to do hard work to earn $4M+ a year? Scratch that. He thought it was easy at $3M+ and asked for a raise, but didn’t want to work hard? I wish I could be ******* terrible at my job for 3 years pull in over $10M and then realize that I should actually do my job. This is entitled nepo-baby BS.

11 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

Using the portal to its maximum benefit is akin to Moneyball… modern day team management.

Because the chances of the results being what everyone wants are very low. The chances of doing it consistently, year after year, are pretty much 0.

19 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Serious question: Is anyone else sincerely offended by this crap? Woodson can't cut it so his solution is to rent a team for next season? It's purely and simply trying to find a shortcut because he's too lazy to do the work.

At the very least, this team will not be "your Indiana Hoosiers"... they will be "the group of players that your Indiana Hoosiers purchased"... and then, what happens next year when they are replaced by a new slate of rented players?

Maybe it's just because I am old, but this is ridiculous... 

If this was anyone but their guy the pro-woody crowd would be losing their collective minds over the idea of letting a coach buy a roster at Indiana University. It is embarrassing that is the future. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t know what’s going on. Just doesn’t feel like we’re done yet. My info always was everything will be evaluated at the end of the season. I still think that happens. Don’t let anyone tell us different Dusty May can coach basketball and this is his dream job. Dolson is not going to screw this up.

If Dusty's representatives would call and say "Scott, we have an offer from Ohio State.  If you want Dusty it has to be now", I would hope that Dolson would move on from Woodson and hire Dusty.  It would be the watershed moment of Dolson's career.  

5 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Absolutely!! But within reason-- a healthy combination of high school recruiting and transfer portal. Not "we have no players but a crap load of money, please come play for us." 

1 minute ago, JF87 said:

If Dusty's representatives would call and say "Scott, we have an offer from Ohio State.  If you want Dusty it has to be now", I would hope that Dolson would move on from Woodson and hire Dusty.  It would be the watershed moment of Dolson's career.  

Good thing is Dusty doesn’t have an agent. He represents himself. Him & Scott are both former managers. It rights all the wrongs. 

9 minutes ago, JF87 said:

According to KathywithaQ, Dolson has free rein to hire whoever he wants. He won’t be able to pay them without BoT approval, but that is just a small detail that she will gloss over.

Good thing is Dusty doesn’t have an agent. He represents himself. Him & Scott are both former managers. It rights all the wrongs. 
I hope they make a change. The announcement that Woodson will be back is devastating. I guess it would be really stupid to make that statement when they did and then move on after the season. The really stupid part and being its iu gives me hope

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk