Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I'll take the gig after Woodson is finally gone. I am willing to get paid millions of dollars to not coach, not recruit, not talk to the press, etc for 4 years. For that money, I'd be fine with people hating me.

I’ll do it for half of what you are asking.

3 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Saw that donors may have pulled funds today?divide on the fan base getting bigger. Anyone hear anything?

Haven't seen anything that would lend credence to that.  Unless it is coming from really big donor/s, can't see how that would get tracked in a one day period.

20 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I am on board that it’s time for him to go.

I am not on board with kicking him in the azz on the way out 

Completely fair. I’m with you (unless it’s a funny @$$-kicking post).

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

What a dagger from Matt Painter

Exponent Sports Desk @Exponent_Sports

Matt Painter says it’s hard to balance recruiting during the season, but if you don’t, “you’re not gonna like” your program’s future He also said it’s important for him to continue traveling to see recruits play in person.

Mike doesn’t want to do all the footwork that’s required in recruiting because he didn’t have to in the NBA… 

Well, this is a major requirement to get out,  meet players and families, as well as sitting in the comfort of recruit’s homes. 

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Sadly, that may be exactly where we are today...

But you have to promise to talk about yourself in the third person...

Who do you think you are talking to go iu bb without go iu bb directly addressing you?

Is go iu bb getting the arrogance right? Wait, of course I am. Go iu bb is perfect.

5 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

I’ll do it for half of what you are asking.

Son of a ...

Oh well, it was worth a try. Go iu bb isn't willing to do it for less, go iu bb is worth too much.

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Woodson needs that family member to slap him across the head and tell him to retire before his stupidity tarnishes his legacy.  As a Hispanic I naturally have everyone in my family doing that to me. 

My wife is Hispanic and I have heard many stories where she learned to “fear the chancla!” Lol

Of course I will. I love the Dylan voice even a little Tom Petty voice. I’ve said forever we need a podcast.

I’ll be the one guy that always calls in, like the “Shea in Irving” from the Dam Patrick show or something along those lines. Or like Donnie Baker that always called into Bob & Tom. (RIP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Saw that donors may have pulled funds today?divide on the fan base getting bigger. Anyone hear anything?

supoosedly “they” have pooled 6-8 million to try to buy a team of players that probably don’t actually want to play in Woodson’s archaic system.   Who knows.

But if that pool comes from the same place as the money we need for a coach buyout………

We need both to flip the script.  Make Indiana a winner!  But we aren’t a smart organization except for in the marketing department. 

3 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

IMG_0338.png

IMO that just sounds like someone that heard a random rumor and asked Trilly a question.  Doesn't look like he even answered it.  Rumor could have come from anywhere and doesn't even give any names.....seems like if it was 'big donors' we would know some of them.  Hard to imagine that game changing money was being pulled without someone openly bragging about it online and attaching their name to it.

Hey guys did you hear? Mike Woodson was really good in 1980 so that means in 2025 he gets to be HC.

His boy Quinn is Chair and has the big money hook ups to overpay for a bunch of mediocre mid-major guys so he can not make the NCAAT and be the first program to miss the conference tournament next year. Everyone else is happy to clap along because he's one of Bobby's boys. Scott tried speaking up but got put in timeout. But when the inevitable train wreck happens, this is all we'll hear... again...

"Mike Woodson didn't miss those shots. They're not used to each other, I'm still learning these guys. But it's a lot of season left. If there's one thing Mike Woodson's gonna do, it's get this team over the hump."

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

IMO that just sounds like someone that heard a random rumor and asked Trilly a question.  Doesn't look like he even answered it.  Rumor could have come from anywhere and doesn't even give any names.....seems like if it was 'big donors' we would know some of them.  Hard to imagine that game changing money was being pulled without someone openly bragging about it online and attaching their name to it.

I just assumed the poster read that long tweet that keeps getting discussed (even though basically every point was pulled directly off of message boards) and asked Trilly about it.