Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Here is my last random question. How ugly will it be Sunday at Assembly Hall? Do they still do the I’m a Hoosier segment. If so if they showed Quinn or Woody on the Jumbotron woof….

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If they would have said nothing and this news broke we would all just assume he is getting canned. If your Dolson why not say nothing and hope like he'll this team who is finally getting hot can win enough to possibly stop the calls to fire him.
The way this has been handled really pisses me off. With this decommit he doesn't deserve his fourth year.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure we agree but can you explain the bolded part, I thought Dolson hasn't said anything publicly, so basically doing that. 

Sounds like he was backing out either way. MAYBE a different coach could have re-recruited him but not likely.

None of our staffs promises to him have come true.

Missing Fland and especially Queen was strike 1 and 2. Missing the tourney, playing ugly basketball, not staying in strong contact was strike 3, 4, 5.

The kid is too good to gamble on a coach. Might as well go to a program that has things figured out.

This was as predictable as anything if you followed the recruitment and then saw the events unfold afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Ok but now can they go back on saying he is returning in light of this terrible news? This is beyond screwed up. This may before its all said and done make Archie Miller look better than Woodson. This is going down hill fast

If you’re a 5 star recruit, Mike Woodson’s team is the last place you want to be. Especially if you aren’t a post player. Money is the only reason to come here, and guys as good as Liam can get money anywhere. So we’ll be stuck overpaying for mediocre mercenaries. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Woodson likely woke up from his afternoon nap. Armond Hill was already at Cloverleaf for the Senior Early Bird special for the night so he’ll find out tomorrow in the office. 

What’s Adam Howard going to post now? 

Oh my lord. Should we wake up coach to let him know we lost our only recruit. Nah he doesn’t remember him anyway 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If you’re a 5 star recruit, Mike Woodson’s team is the last place you want to be. Especially if you aren’t a post player. Money is the only reason to come here, and guys as good as Liam can get money anywhere. So we’ll be stuck overpaying for mediocre mercenaries. 

Indiana will land the leftovers no one wants from Clemson, Washington, or Colorado. Ware was a gamble and it paid off from him with being an NBA selection this June. 

Pretty sure we agree but can you explain the bolded part, I thought Dolson hasn't said anything publicly, so basically doing that. 
Sorry. My assumption was all the reports had to come from iu athletics and assumed it was a official statement. Something he likely oked. I hope I am wrong and their source was some drunk sitting on sidewalk infront of nicks

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Oh my lord. Should we wake up coach to let him know we lost our only recruit. Nah he doesn’t remember him anyway 

Don’t worry, he knows Carmelo Anthony. That will land all the major recruits LOL! 

Kids barely know who Carmelo Anthony is these days. 

I wish we could just burn the bridge from the past and the current. Get all of the old IU guys out of the program. They’ve had their time behind the wheel. It’s time for a new generation of leaders to create their own tradition and legacy. Just like politics, the old guard refuses to give up the levers of power and are completely happy burning everything to the ground. They then turn around and blame the youth for the decay, as if they weren’t in the drivers seat the entire time. 

Burn it all down. Start new. I’ve never witnessed  IU as a great basketball program. Nothing about it is appealing to me anymore. The younger generation is checking out. It’s like an old country club that refuses to get young. Eventually everyone dies and there’s no one to foot the bill. 

EASILY the lowest moment in my time as an IU fan. Woodson and Buckner fleeced this program. 

Another fun tidbit for people in case they don’t know: the NCAA has shortened the portal window from 60 days to 45 days. So we are going to have to recruit 4-8 players at a minimum. And of those, 3-4 need to be starter level players and we have 45 days to do it and build almost an entire roster. In short, we are cooked my dudes. 
edit: half a sentence got deleted

2 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Not a chance. Woody's ego doesn't even feel the loss of a 5-star recruit. He knows what he's doing, just ask him. I am anxious to watch the s***show of him trying to sign 8-10 portal players with a portal window 15 days shorter this year. In the past the month of March has been fun as hell but this year .... holy cow ... it will be "historic". 

“I shouldn’t have to discuss my recruiting. I feel good in my skin about my recruiting.”

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Sorry. My assumption was all the reports had to come from iu athletics and assumed it was a official statement. Something he likely oked. I hope I am wrong and their source was some drunk sitting on sidewalk infront of nicks

"Despite a disappointing 2023-24 season, Indiana basketball coach Mike Woodson will return next season, an IU athletic department source told IndyStar.

The bolded part is curious to me.

Sounds like he was backing out either way. MAYBE a different coach could have re-recruited him but not likely.

None of our staffs promises to him have come true.

Missing Fland and especially Queen was strike 1 and 2. Missing the tourney, playing ugly basketball, not staying in strong contact was strike 3, 4, 5.

The kid is too good to gamble on a coach. Might as well go to a program that has things figured out.

This was as predictable as anything if you followed the recruitment and then saw the events unfold afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Yeah he said long ago he wanted to play for a national title. But the not keeping in contact with your one and only recruit is just absurd. Dereliction of duty.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk