Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

firecoachwoodsonthread

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

That's the argument Rabjohn's was saying today. It's a poor way to build a program. It's like an NFL team. You build through the draft and supplement where you have needs. I think in college basketball you recruit, develop, and at the end of the season find glaring needs. Unfortunately this program needs just about everything. 

If he stays I really hope Woody's strategy isn't banking on fielding teams every year via the portal to avoid doing the grunt work of recruiting and getting to know kids. He clearly doesn't have the desire or drive.

1. Raise last summer
  2. Woodson stating he's not going anywhere
  3. Chris saying as of now, the plan is for Woodson to return
  4. Field of 68 stating no plan to replace Woodson
Those 4 make it easy for a pessimist to assume the worst. 

And to add
5) Our administration and its ineptitude to make the easy and correct decision when it comes to head basketball coaching decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Raise last summer
  2. Woodson stating he's not going anywhere
  3. Chris saying as of now, the plan is for Woodson to return
  4. Field of 68 stating no plan to replace Woodson
Those 4 make it easy for a pessimist to assume the worst. 

Well at least we would know once and for all they are not at all serious about making iu a national power. It would make not really caring a whole lot easier going forward. You would no need to get your hopes up anymore.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I agree, when the 81 team turned it on after a slow start once Turner got his head out of his a**, they were a juggernaut. Watching the 81 team is one of my favorite childhood memories. 

I still remember exactly where I was and on the edge of my seat. I was 10 years old at friends of the family’s home hanging with all the adults super focused on the game and going crazy. One of many great memories of my life.

57 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Wife and kids went out of town this morning with the mother in law. First time i have had the house to myself since my first kid was born 3 years ago. Celebratory occasion i think

Congrats you deserve it

If he stays I really hope Woody's strategy isn't banking on fielding teams every year via the portal to avoid doing the grunt work of recruiting and getting to know kids. He clearly doesn't have the desire or drive.
He hasn't landed one indiana hs player in three years. I think the state hs relationships do not exist nor ever will. The three indiana guys on the roster were all archie recruits. The portal is his strategy it appears.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I’m just saying if he’s retained we will be a portal dependent team. No one is going to want to go to IU with him as the coach. It’s about the long term solution, not just next season.

There's a good chance that a lot of our future portal players will be playing for the money in their checking accounts and not the name on the front of the jersey.  That's the new reality of college basketball for many schools. It upsets me that this is the path we have chosen, and Purdue still get kids that simply want to play for Purdue.   

If Woody does end up getting a 4th year, we should definitely create a GM role to help manage the portal this time around.

God I hope we land at least 3 really good guards for next year. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

The athletic department's stance right now is the plan is for Mike Woodson to be back for his 4th year. 

There are four "safe" words that were carefully added to that sentence, ...so to help not sound the alarms....

So stance right now = "currently" and plan = the season is not over yet, but that doesn't mean a change won't occur.

JMO lol

GO IU!

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Woody says we would be great had X stayed healthy all year.. yet I'm over hear thinking I'd rather have Josh Newkirk... Two Pitt transfers that didn't work out as planned.

Woodson saying that is like saying if Guy-Marc Michel was elgible, there would be a 6th banner in Assembly Hall. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Woody says we would be great had X stayed healthy all year.. yet I'm over hear thinking I'd rather have Josh Newkirk... Two Pitt transfers that didn't work out as planned.

IMO…..Coach Woodson and staff’s worst recruiting mistake, and it’s huge, is not landing seasoned ,even average pg from the portal. I don’t buy the “I don’t want to come to IU because of the risk of playing behind a starting X or even Gallo.” That’s BS!! If you come, you will have the opportunity to start and if it works out, be the new starting PG and those guys will play behind you….

JMO