Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Personally, I think Woodson gets “fired” / retires next spring if the season isn’t good. He needs to get pass the first weekend IMO. He’s going to have two freshman of the years on the team while having a McDonald’s AA. If Ballo joins then there’s no excuse outside of injuries that could prevent this team from advancing to the second weekend. 

Again, he’s winning the off season. More stars again in 24-25. But he still needs to go - fire/retire doesn’t make me any difference.

13 minutes ago, Trish said:

Personally, I think Woodson gets “fired” / retires next spring if the season isn’t good. He needs to get pass the first weekend IMO. He’s going to have two freshman of the years on the team while having a McDonald’s AA. If Ballo joins then there’s no excuse outside of injuries that could prevent this team from advancing to the second weekend. 

I tend to agree that it’s next year as a make or break year. But as far as the talent on the team, it seems to be upgrading. But we need to see what the entire roster looks like in order to see what deficiencies there are. Too many spots left to fill to know. 

19 minutes ago, Trish said:

He’s got to make it to the first weekend first.  

57 minutes ago, Feathery said:

My thought was they weren’t hired by the athletic department but rather it could be Woody or his agent hiring them.

Definitely could be a relative or someone close to the coaching staff. 

End of the day, Woody wins at a good clip this year and has a decent March then everyone will be supportive again. A good season next year and this past one looks more like a blip with a low point of 10-10 conference record. I’m skeptical but now that he is staying I’ll be supportive. 

heck the wife and I usually host Thanksgiving but are looking at going to the Bahamas for the Battle of Atlantis tournament to watch IU play and enjoy the beach over the holiday.  Lol

Sheeeeet I doubt they’re even paid. I’ve got a whole gang of cousins and friends I could use to start a social media campaign in my favor. I’ll bet it’s mostly just friends and family close to the team.

My wife has been in my ear about Bahamas to watch IU and beach since we were announced. I’m very tempted lol. 

I don't think he gets fired unless the year is a complete disaster. If not he will be here as long as he wants even if he flames out in the tourney.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I tend to agree that it’s next year as a make or break year. But as far as the talent on the team, it seems to be upgrading. But we need to see what the entire roster looks like in order to see what deficiencies there are. Too many spots left to fill to know. 

I have fallen for the off season hype here since Tom Crean’s “The Movement.”  Other than a few seasons under Crean it’s been nothing but disappointment.  The last 7 seasons have been horrible.  I’m a slow learner but I am now firmly in the “prove it” camp.  

It’s sad that college basketball has come to Ole Miss and IU bidding for Ballo. This NIL **** has to have a cap! If Trilly is correct Ole Miss offered him $1 million and IU countered with $1.2 What happened to the days where Ole Miss was comparable Ivy Tech when they were competing with IU for a basketball play. Something has to be done to control this modern day Wild Wild West NIL.

9 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

My wife has been in my ear about Bahamas to watch IU and beach since we were announced. I’m very tempted lol. 

lol. Yup. My wife enjoys going to games but I have a feeling this is more about going to the Bahamas for her. lol. 

Just now, Scooter T Washington said:

It’s sad that college basketball has come to Ole Miss and IU bidding for Ballo. This NIL **** has to have a cap! If Trilly is correct Ole Miss offered him $1 million and IU countered with $1.2 What happened to the days where Ole Miss was comparable Ivy Tech when they were competing with IU for a basketball play. Something has to be done to control this modern day Wild Wild West NIL.

NIL benefits schools like IU who have deep pockets and wouldn’t pay before NIL. There is a reason why IU fell behind Duke, UConn, UNC, UK, KU over the last 3 decades. IU didn’t pay and the “blue” bloods did. 

15 minutes ago, Scooter T Washington said:

There’s no salary cap in NIL / NCAA. So if you have money, you have the advantage nine times out ten. SEC and B1G money are different compared to ACC. B12 is still the best conference and their NIL money is still behind from what I hear. 

23 minutes ago, Scooter T Washington said:

We would have already been out of the running without NIL. Now, non cheating schools like IU has the same opportunity as the always cheaters. We just need a coach to match our Yankees like salaries.

23 minutes ago, Scooter T Washington said:

This is why I said “being Indiana” doesn’t matter anymore. Kentucky just found that out during their coaching search. Everyone has resources to use even for basketball. The whole “I could win a championship there” advantage that places like IU, KY, UNC, Kansas and Duke used to enjoy simply does not exist in the current iteration of college sports. And it is entirely football driven. It’s one of the reasons you have to pull the trigger on a Pearl or a May, because it is quickly becoming a world where everyone is committed to basketball. Not just a handful of “blue bloods.”

2 hours ago, Trish said:

After seeing the coaching market this off-season, I’m not to confident Dolson would be able to field anyone good, let alone great. While I want Woodson fired tonight, the Kentucky search along with others has made it clear that Indiana isn’t going to hire an A, let alone a B+ hire next season. Unless Brad Steven’s wants to get back into it, I don’t know a single candidate that Indiana could land at this point.  

Assuming the Ballo kid commits and others, Indiana should make the dance. 

I’ve unfortunately accepted the fact that Indiana isn’t Indiana anymore. It’s an average to below average program that has money and a very supportive fan base. It’s Nebraska Football. 

I’d compare it more to Tennessee football. There isn’t near as much working against Indiana basketball as there is Nebraska football. The right hire has the script flipped in no time. I agree with you that watching the UK coaching search (along with the UofL search) is concerning for us. But young Brucie will be a spry 65 next offseason. He’s got a solid 3 final fours in 7-8 years left in the tank. 

Well then if it's strictly about money iu should get him unless say north Carolina makes a bigger offer.

What the experts forget is we have gotten several VISITS from some of the best transfers in the portal! Heck, one even committed!!! That’s as good as wins in my book.

That coupled with everyone coming back (expect arguably our MOST productive player from last season) and Woody is fixin’ to turn up the heat in the kitchen!!! This year our problem was talent… not next year. Next season we are going to be rolling in west coast talent. Watch out B1G, Woody iscoming for you, and he’s ready for dinner!

9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.jpeg

What the experts forget is we have gotten several VISITS from some of the best transfers in the portal! Heck, one even committed!!! That’s as good as wins in my book.
That coupled with everyone coming back (expect arguably our MOST productive player from last season) and Woody is fixin’ to turn up the heat in the kitchen!!! This year our problem was talent… not next year. Next season we are going to be rolling in west coast talent. Watch out B1G, Woody iscoming for you, and he’s ready for dinner!
9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.thumb.jpeg.6f426a3ddec7e035898a6871b27f540f.jpeg
16th rated coach- yikes

4 minutes ago, Herotime said:

9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.jpeg

Obviously they don’t know about all the cookin’ Woody’s billionaire buddies have been doing this spring. 

9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.thumb.jpeg.6f426a3ddec7e035898a6871b27f540f.jpeg

I mean if I blink I can kinda see it tbh. Flop Willard and Woodson and Rhodes might be poised to jump up. Woody struggled mightily with that first timer.

I know these things are just fan account type things and AREN’T serious, but the burners must be flipping their lid on this social media disparagement, right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Sheeeeet I doubt they’re even paid. I’ve got a whole gang of cousins and friends I could use to start a social media campaign in my favor. I’ll bet it’s mostly just friends and family close to the team.

Can my wife and I tag along on your dime too?   We need a tropical vacation!

17 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Anyone who doesn't support their narrative they attack viciously. I guess that's par for the course with twitter. But it's interesting they all kind of showed up at once.

I was even saying positive things the other night and that dude came after me like you wouldn't believe. Like since I thought Woody was terrible last season and should have been fired IMO I'm never allowed to root for IU again. I've seen it on here in the Indiana interest thread. You either follow blindly or you get ridiculed