Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Anyone hear Kenny Payne post game?

lmao.  Sounds like an unfiltered Mike Woodson.  Blaming the fans, the media, the school for basically not all being on board.  Making his job impossible.  Etc. 
And just think if we cross our fingers he could be Woodson right hand man next year. Oh he'll yea!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

"It wasn't my job to get Miller Kopp shots."  I would assert that freshman Jordan Hulls would have struggled under Woodson as well.  Hulls didn't develop ability to get off his own shot until year 3 and 4.  If you are a system player with a coach like Woodson, you are going to struggle.

100% spot on

A very successful high school coach (who was a college assistant for years) once told me “My job is to put my players in position to succeed.” Always think about that when I hear comments like “not my job to find him shots.”

Ummm, yes it is, Woody. That’s what a coach does to get the most out of his players.

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Breaking: random people on on a free message board had hot takes before the season  that turned out wrong.    Working on confirming if true 

Honestly from what I recall that entire conversation was in a pretty hopeful context... as in everyone still acknowledging we really should pick up a guard. Some rationalizing that it's more of a "nice to have" than a "must have" 

Pretty silly to bring that up as if you're gonna get true fan points for it or something. 

Breaking: random people on on a free message board had hot takes before the season  that turned out wrong.    Working on confirming if true 
Ngw already confirmed! Everyone watch what you post. Everything can and will be held against you

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

He's only been there 2 seasons and won a national title as a player.  But I bet Louisville will have no problem firing him any day now.

Idk why but Payne's speech gave me David Koresh vibes lol "I need everybody on the same page we sort of forgot that. I'm not going to let you blame me. I need all of Louisville with me. We sort of forgot that. I talked about its going to take time and I'm going to watch and see who jumps on and off the Titanic. We sort of forgot about that."

Weird guy. Can't wait to have him get to work for us in the portal.

Idk why but Payne's speech gave me David Koresh vibes lol "I need everybody on the same page we sort of forgot that. I'm not going to let you blame me. I need all of Louisville with me. We sort of forgot that. I talked about its going to take time and I'm going to watch and see who jumps on and off the Titanic. We sort of forgot about that."
Woodson probably really excited about the kind of heat he will give our fans next year!

24 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I have said it was the roster for months now and no matter the reason that was Woody’s fault. Have only argued for real reasons and jot fake rumors getting tossed skeins. Argued they were stuck playing a certain way with only Cupps etc. 

That exact statement about Cupps being as good as Yogi was made on here with people trying to use facts to prove why we didn’t need another PG. multiple agreed. It is all in the portal thread. Can tell you who made the statement, who backed them up etc. the consensus was we had too many guards. Not kidding. Go look. 

Now everyone KNOWS Wodoy isn’t the answer and upset they pushed back on guys spreading rumors, gave up on then, told them all to transfers etc. 

Are you Tyme on Twitter?   Burner on notice

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

“I’m not going to let you blame me” sounded awfully familiar. 

I lost it when he said the thing about the Titanic. Maybe he’ll get a lifeboat off the Louisville Titanic this year and get to join the IU Titanic with Captain Woody next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Payne and Woodson must have the same PR coach. 

They must.  Shades of senior day right there.  

These guys are completely clueless.  Taking responsibility would go a long way with the fans.

40 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Anyone hear Kenny Payne post game?

lmao.  Sounds like an unfiltered Mike Woodson.  Blaming the fans, the media, the school for basically not all being on board.  Making his job impossible.  Etc. 

He’s going to fit right in. :)