Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

There's only one coach who everyone would agree on, and he's already turned us down once and will likely never coach college basketball again. 

Highly, highly unlikely but you never know.  His son is moving to Indiana this summer.

Maybe do what TT with Pat Knight and make Brady the coach in waiting.  I'm kidding.  Sort of.

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

FWIW…..of Davis, Crean, Miller, and Woodson….this is the quickest I’ve ever been on board the ‘he has to be fired’ train.  And it didn’t even enter my thoughts until this year.  There hasn’t been a single moment of this season where the team has looked good.  And it’s not untalented, just incredibly uneven.  And I’ve grown tired of Woodson’s hand wringing and ability to put in the work to fix the issues.

It’s also been three years of the same issues coming out majorly in year three as well.  If you go back to the convos I would be willing to bet the same complaints every year are the same this year just worse.  It’s always wait until he gets his players, etc.  

2 minutes ago, Herotime said:

I just listened to Diporiak on ISBR and he thinks there’s too much risk I’m moving on from CMW This year. I hear this nonsense and I want to smack my head against the corner of my kitchen table.

There's a risk the program might have a faint pulse left.

33 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

FWIW…..of Davis, Crean, Miller, and Woodson….this is the quickest I’ve ever been on board the ‘he has to be fired’ train.  And it didn’t even enter my thoughts until this year.  There hasn’t been a single moment of this season where the team has looked good.  And it’s not untalented, just incredibly uneven.  And I’ve grown tired of Woodson’s hand wringing and ability to put in the work to fix the issues.

I didn't like the hire but tried getting behind it.  Happy with the victories over Purdue and making the tournament, but still felt like we had underperformed the first 2 years.  I didn't think we shot enough threes the first two years but believed it when we were told the offense would change after Trayce left. Recruiting had been decent getting some highly rated players but the bottom fell out this year after chasing too many 5 stars when we have a lot of scholarships to fill.  Rolls out the same lineup each half regardless of how players execute.  The lack of accountability has been frustrating.  IU needs a change.  

12 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

It’s also been three years of the same issues coming out majorly in year three as well.  If you go back to the convos I would be willing to bet the same complaints every year are the same this year just worse.  It’s always wait until he gets his players, etc.  

Winning -- or least playing competitively in most losses -- hid a lot.  First two seasons, 11 of IU's 26 losses were by 5 points or less.  This season only one of IU's 13 losses have been by 5 points or less.  IU's average margin of loss has been 14 points this year.  There hasn't even been a 'if the ball had bounced our way in this and this and this' game where the Hoosiers would be in the hunt for the NCAA.

Just now, Chris007 said:

He covers the Pacers now. Some of the sports writers around here have some of the worst takes. What is the risk? We don’t have any recruits except one who might be having second thoughts. The 25 class won’t come to play for Woodson. Everyone is booing at games. But yeah too risky to move on.

Sounds to me like the choir boys are singing the company song ... 

My money is on the athletic department or another university proxy trying to silence the critics - at least the basketball folks... has anyone seen/heard from Doyle lately on the subject? 

He covers the Pacers now. Some of the sports writers around here have some of the worst takes. What is the risk? We don’t have any recruits except one who might be having second thoughts. The 25 class won’t come to play for Woodson. Everyone is booing at games. But yeah too risky to move on.
The risk is bringing him back imo. What a gamble that would be at this point

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

The only good Coach IU has had in my lifetime of watch IU in 23 years has been 1 coach, Kelvin Sampson, for 1.5 years until he got fired for text messages before the texting deadline.  1 year later, his violation was no longer a violation.  I want a good coached Hoosier team finally.  This is BS.  I've watched every ******* game for 23 years and ... I mean..listen to woodsons pregame vs Wisconsin press conference.  The man is clueless.

I got a few drinks in me and I'm about to send Scott that.  I'm pissed this is what we are dealing with.  I went from 25 to 33 really quick and got shitty basketball.  Going to Hoosiers all the way from northern Indiana, making a few games every year.. emotionally invested every game.  Checking message boards 40-50 times a day every day 24/7 the last 23 years.  I'm over this shitty coached ****.  I live 45 mins away from Lafayette but can't bring myself to do it.  Something sexy about those candy stripes.  I love you guys..   let's get rid of woody. Come on Scotty.

7 minutes ago, Jwalk83 said:

Did anyone hear Galloway may be hitting the portal?

Someone posted it here in this thread somewhere but I don't recall the source.  IMO, if he's lost Galloway he's lost the whole team.  Galloway is a coach's kid, 100% Indiana all of the way and has stayed loyal to the program even prior to knowing who was going to replace Archie Miller.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Someone posted it here in this thread somewhere but I don't recall the source.  IMO, if he's lost Galloway he's lost the whole team.  Galloway is a coach's kid, 100% Indiana all of the way and has stayed loyal to the program even prior to knowing who was going to replace Archie Miller.

I agree! I was taken back in the last game when Woodson was chewing him out during a timeout. One of the few guys that bust his @$$ every game and that’s who he decides to chew out. I’m no coach but that doesn’t seem quite right to me.

15 minutes ago, Jwalk83 said:

Did anyone hear Galloway may be hitting the portal?

He won’t be the only one leaving. Malik and Mack are gone as well. They can make more money elsewhere at a better program and better coaching staff.