Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

9 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Wouldn’t the fact that players wanting to leave if Woodson came back make Dolson want to get rid of him even more, or not really? Didn’t know if that’d be something that would be cause of concern for Dolson, or it’d be more of a “fine let them go, we’ll find other players in the portal”. Obviously I’m hoping that if the players are wanting to leave if he comes back then it should be all the more reason to say goodbye to the coach. 

I would think that is not going to hurt the current situation...... Who knows, player do talk (obviously) and maybe there have been contacts with Dolson on the matter. I don't know.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Whoever referred to you as level headed mod clearly got it wrong.  More like the pointy headed mod.

Yeah, @Stuhoo came from the Land of Point

https://www.google.com/search?q=nilson+the+land+of+point&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS982US982&oq=nilson+the+land+of+point&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB7SAQg2Mzg5ajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#cobssid=s&fpstate=ive&vld=cid:dde0f090,vid:HNsQmRLXT4k,st:0

He has a dog named Arrow

15 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Wouldn’t the fact that players wanting to leave if Woodson came back make Dolson want to get rid of him even more, or not really? Didn’t know if that’d be something that would be cause of concern for Dolson, or it’d be more of a “fine let them go, we’ll find other players in the portal”. Obviously I’m hoping that if the players are wanting to leave if he comes back then it should be all the more reason to say goodbye to the coach. 

It should absolutely, 1000%, concern Dolson.  More that the W/L record.  If guy's leave due to Woodson, you're not getting much from the portal.  May have to have open tryouts at the Hyper.  

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This thread is wild.  I can't do dentistry and keep up with this pace.  LOL.  

PS-but i'm trying

.....exactly! I can't teach HS students with this going on....lol

....to my students. lol (Seriously, I don't do this, but I feel like it sometimes!)

Follow-Up Survey Email: How to Get More Responses in [current_year] | Blog

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sadly, you can't let the inmates run the asylum.  That's why Mike Davis became our head coach.

Yeah, sadly, you are correct, sir...

If true, though, Gallo has to follow through. Players gotta do what players gotta do... more about protecting their interested that forcing a change... and if the stars align and get the change done, more power to 'em.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sadly, you can't let the inmates run the asylum.  That's why Mike Davis became our head coach.

True but losing players can and should be taken into consideration by the AD. If they think the noise is loud now, Trey transferring would make it almost impossible for them to bring Woody back

6 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

It should absolutely, 1000%, concern Dolson.  More that the W/L record.  If guy's leave due to Woodson, you're not getting much from the portal.  May have to have open tryouts at the Hyper.  

Next year might be Tom Crean year 1 redux except without the sanctions and a worse coach, so for no reason except for stubbornness from both the administration and coach. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Yeah. He was mid...had exactly one season in his career avg over 5.1 points a game.... and his first 3 years combined he shot 27% from 3. 

So no? You just looked at his stats? 

Fife was never asked nor needed to be a scorer. Played with Guyton and Recker as an underclassmen and with Haston and Jeffries as an upperclassmen. The one year he was asked to shoot more he hit a very high clip, all while being named the B10 DPOY. 

Next year might be Tom Crean year 1 redux except without the sanctions and a worse coach, so for no reason except for stubbornness from both the administration and coach. 
But Woodson can say I got all new players. Another nice excuse

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk