Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

30 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

What he said is exactly why we hired him.  He was playing to the crowd, cultivating interest in the program, and developing our new brand (“we’re not backing down from anyone”).  It was as brilliant a use of 45 seconds as you’ll ever see.

Absolutely wild you had to explain that to someone. 

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Coach Cig at SSAH and notes from his originally planned speech --

I guess I'm somewhat happy to be here.  I know IU's sucked at football for a really long time and it will probably take me at least 10-years to get it back to a 4-win program despite the annual thrashings we'll continue to get from Michigan, Ohio State and maybe somewhere in the 10-years we'll even win a bucket game.  Thank you and does anyone know a good realtor?

You forgot the retirement buyout package.

2 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

What he said is exactly why we hired him.  He was playing to the crowd, cultivating interest in the program, and developing our new brand (“we’re not backing down from anyone”).  It was as brilliant a use of 45 seconds as you’ll ever see.

Glad I read this before I posted, as you beat me to it. The main thing he said when asked what his goal here was, he kept it short and sweet and said “to change the way people think”. His little speech to the crowd before the game: culture shift at its finest. I couldn’t stop laughing at how bada$$ it really was. That’s how you get people to “change the way they think”. People are saying “what an idiot, OSU and Michigan don’t suck at all”, and that’s not the point at all. It’s him getting people in the program to have the mindset that we aren’t afraid of anyone, and “don’t take a backseat to anybody”. 

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Bulletin board material isn’t real. It’s absolute lame BS. So is being “mature”. Be scared of the big boys if you want. Cig isn’t. 

It is beyond ridiculous to call it a clown show, but bulletin board material is certainly real.  I question that part to call.out OSU and Mich as well.  But **** Purdoo.  They suck

He said his team was the least penalized team in their league the past couple of years. How many drives did our penalties kill for us or extend for our opponent. How many points did we lose or give away. Cleaning that up alone will get us a few more wins. Fundamentally sound and disciplined football is what I want as priority one.

10 minutes ago, cthomas said:

He said his team was the least penalized team in their league the past couple of years. How many drives did our penalties kill for us or extend for our opponent. How many points did we lose or give away. Cleaning that up alone will get us a few more wins. Fundamentally sound and disciplined football is what I want as priority one.

Given the last guy ran around like a cheerleader while we got numerous unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, having a coach be able to explain to players how being inappropriate or jerkish on the field is bad for the whole team would be a boon for us.  Oftentimes, it was a death by a thousand papercuts, so cutting down on mistakes would help even the odds in winnable games.

14 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Everyone, this isn't the great coaching how we thought it was. We should just give up now, IUFB will continue to be IUFB. 

I did a deep dive into the stats and Cignetti scored 0 TDs at his previous stops. This is the same number of TDs that IUs failed coaches scored for IU! It's more of the same, just another HC who can't score touchdowns! 

I guess we should go ahead and get the Fire Coach Cignetti thread going.