Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I’m so happy to be alive to witness this season.  I am old enough to remember 1967 and the tremendous excitement and joy of people following that team.  I was even fortunate enough to see IU’s game against Iowa…a victory with a score in the last three minutes or something like that.  Watching Harry Gonso throw a terrific pass to Jade Butcher during the last touchdown drive.  That team, like this one, surprised many opponents, but won a lot of close games.  They benefited from a favorable schedule of not having to play either OSU or Michigan, which allowed them to tie for the BIG10 championship.  This is a tremendous moment for IU football folks…and I know most of you know that….but just the same, take it in and savor it.  And let’s keep supporting this team, the coaches, but especially the HC.  He’s a winner and I believe he’ll stay with the right support and respect for this program.  Go Hoosiers!

If I'm Scott I'm handing Cig a piece of paper and telling him to write down whatever it'll take to keep him here and then giving it to him. I think he might be worth more to the university and the athletic department than what they would have to spend. 

On 10/23/2024 at 8:50 PM, rcbowla said:

If I'm Scott I'm handing Cig a piece of paper and telling him to write down whatever it'll take to keep him here and then giving it to him. I think he might be worth more to the university and the athletic department than what they would have to spend. 

Blank check and a white piece of paper asking what upgrades the stadium, facilities, FB program needs to retain him. I'm for the Bob Knight treatment of Coach Cigs

31 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Blank check and a white piece of paper asking what upgrades the stadium, facilities, FB program needs to retain him. I'm for the Bob Knight treatment of Coach Cigs

......here's a new one! Hear me out. 

I will begin with, this though would have been insane and absolutely unheard of for ANY year prior to THIS year.

If this train continues to roll and Coach Cignetti & Co. do make IU their long term/final home, we are going to need more seats to accommodate the droves of new fans wanting to be a part of this. I could never imagine Memorial Stadium with new upper deck seating or expanding up/out with the seating rows. 

Again, I'm definitely not trying to put the cart before the horse here, but it definitely has to be on Dolson's mind in the near future.

I know, I know, win games first, lock down Cignetti and Co. long term, then.......?

Go IU!

I would say odds are we lose one of Cig or Shanahan. If Cig leaves I could see us hiring Shanahan. Normally I wouldn't love that but I'd be ok with it here. He's so good with play calling and can clearly coach WR's.

On 10/16/2024 at 4:25 PM, Stuhoo said:

Coach is asked about West Coast travel and does IU have to adjust what would normally be a Thursday arrival for a Saturday game. 

Cig: "No, no, no, no. We ain't doing that guys. We're gonna get there as late as possible. Okay? We're gonna wake up. We're gonna play the game and we're gonna come back. That's what we do. Get to the hotel at about 8:00 at night (on Friday), right? Ate our meal. Woke up. Played at 3:30. Kicked their @$$ and went home."

Time for contrast, courtesy of the outstandingly funny Hardcore Husky U Washington message board:

image.png

"He (UW coach) describes away games as if it's humanity's first venture to Mars." Lol

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Time for contrast, courtesy of the outstandingly funny Hardcore Husky U Washington message board:

image.png

"He (UW coach) describes away games as if it's humanity's first venture to Mars." Lol

Yeah, I don’t remember having much of  a jet lag problem when I was 21. But it is a little bit cold-blooded of the League to give the west coast teams de facto 9am kickoffs. 

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

......here's a new one! Hear me out. 

I will begin with, this though would have been insane and absolutely unheard of for ANY year prior to THIS year.

If this train continues to roll and Coach Cignetti & Co. do make IU their long term/final home, we are going to need more seats to accommodate the droves of new fans wanting to be a part of this. I could never imagine Memorial Stadium with new upper deck seating or expanding up/out with the seating rows. 

Again, I'm definitely not trying to put the cart before the horse here, but it definitely has to be on Dolson's mind in the near future.

I know, I know, win games first, lock down Cignetti and Co. long term, then.......?

Go IU!

Love it, Artie. As fans, we don't necessarily have to live in reality (or at least I don't). No matter how the last month or so of the season goes it is my belief that Cig has to get any and everything he wants. The $ on ROI for keeping him is too sweet of a deal. I've had the same thought that the stadium needs an expansion, but the upgrade I'd really love to see would be candy-striped seats in the stadium. Red section/white section. The current seats are so dismal and unattractive for a viewer, but the striped theme would add an element of uniqueness to IU that would be a big hit with the fan base and recruits imo. 

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Scroll to 55 minutes in for Cig. Stay after for them talking about why Cig stays at IU

McAfee: "I asked you to not f**k it up last time you were on the show because there was potential Game Day coming down here."

Cig: "Yeah."

McAfee: "You held up your end of the bargain and let me let you know. We'll hold up our end of the bargain talking about how great this is."

Cig: "Okay. So, you don't want me to f**k it up... again."

I don’t want to rush the gun but I’m curious how the behind the scenes Dolson/Cignetti talks are going. I know on McAfee he made a comment that Dolson will do whatever to not let him go. Cignetti made a remark also yesterday that he would like to build the stadium to 80k if he could.