Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

11 hours ago, Artie86 said:

So what in the world do Woody and Walsh have to tell him again (and again and again and again and again) and what else does Mullins need to hear that he hasn’t already heard a million times?  
Does the “bag” get bigger with every visit? I understand wanting to make an informed decision but at what point do you stop making multiple staffs jump through hoops? 

6 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

So what in the world do Woody and Walsh have to tell him again (and again and again and again and again) and what else does Mullins need to hear that he hasn’t already heard a million times?  
Does the “bag” get bigger with every visit? I understand wanting to make an informed decision but at what point do you stop making multiple staffs jump through hoops? 

.....love! Those kids want to feel the love, connection/relationships they continue to build with staff. Besides, everyone always wants the last word when it comes to competing for something. 

2 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

It's no coincidence they're visiting the very next morning after Adams declared for UConn. This is the close.

And it's a good indicator that maybe Woody (in particular) & Co. learned a lesson from recent recruiting blunders. If Mullins is on the hook, we don't want him wiggling off. Teens are fickle.

Yup

Intellectually I get it but this is one aspect of the sport in which I turn into a curmudgeon. LOL

16 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Yup

Intellectually I get it but this is one aspect of the sport in which I turn into a curmudgeon. LOL

I feel that. A lot more lip service prerequisites for a commitment nowadays. But, with social media the public is much more aware of the timelines and relative details than ever before.

10 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Ask Liam McNeeley when a coach should stop talking to a recruit.

The answer is NEVER, even after they commit.

40 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Ask Liam McNeeley when a coach should stop talking to a recruit.

The answer is NEVER, even after they commit.

Liam stated during his recruitment he wanted to play for a winner.

I’d bet big money Liam primarily left because he saw our offense, saw us lose out on all the other “star” recruits without knowing we would be able to reload via the portal (ie he didn’t want to be stuck on a mediocre team) and he also witnessed our lack of success and not even making the tourney.

That being said….Yes I realize we have to tuck them in every night, and jump through hoops and I would be critical of Woody and the staff if they didn’t do that because that’s just what you have to do these days but that doesn’t mean I can’t be a curmudgeon that is tired of it (almost all recruitments, not a specific shot at Mullins).