Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Wednesday, 1/11/23 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

100000+ posts a day of negativity, huh? You could just, you know, stop reading them

Why did you read Stuhoo's then? If it was that big of a deal to you. Block him and move on, yeah? 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I see your point.

But I also post as an IU fan, as all mods do. And as an IU fan it pisses me off when someone goes to the Purdue board to call our team "a bunch of pansies."  And I'm allowed to say so.

Being mod is an unpaid thing we do as fans who want a solid board and take time to (hopefully) make this a good place for IU fans, both for positive and negative takes. But I'm still allowed to have an opinion.

I won't continue a back and forth on this (you are welcome to respond). And then, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Wait... You're not pulling is 6 figures for being a BTB moderator?

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't go there to talk crap. But if it comes up, I'm not going to push sunshine and rainbows everywhere. I'm just consistent. Though I have had to correct them on the Fife/Matta stuff and make them realize Indiana is a better 3pt shooting team right now. 

Why go there at all? They're going to believe what they want to believe about Fife and Matta. I used to go on other teams' boards and post sometimes, but I quit doing it because it was too frustrating and I hated how angry/anxious it made me that people wouldn't change their stance on something that seemed so obvious to me. It's just wasted, unproductive energy. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just asked a question. You told us all that was an option on this forum, I was just mentioning maybe you should utilize it if that's deep. 

Just didn't find anything new about it. Social media has had trolls since the beginning - choosing to seek it out and/or responding to it is on you the individual, IMO. That triangle meme was pretty harmless if you ask me and more or less was for us fans - the fact that players choose to respond to it then get into it with fans who responded is also on them.

But clearly struck a chord with the board on targeting a "mod" so maybe I just need to take that break you, IUScott and str8?? are desperate for me to take

20 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Why go there at all? They're going to believe what they want to believe about Fife and Matta. I used to go on other teams' boards and post sometimes, but I quit doing it because it was too frustrating and I hated how angry/anxious it made me that people wouldn't change their stance on something that seemed so obvious to me. It's just wasted, unproductive energy. 

I go to a lot of boards. Gives me a protective different than here. Really anywhere that has a good forum, which surprisingly isn't common. This place is definitely the best i have seen from any team board I've ever been on. There is an SEC site I go on but I've known those guys since the ESPN days. 

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I go to a lot of boards. Gives me a protective different than here. Really anywhere that has a good forum, which surprisingly isn't common. This place is definitely the best i have seen from any team board I've ever been on. There is an SEC site I go on but I've known those guys since the ESPN days. 

By the way - I know I'm violating my "let's move on" suggestion, but here's something that I really appreciate about @Loaded Chicken Sandwich.

LCS is most definitely NOT thin-skinned nor passive-aggressive. If I am pissed at something he posted I say so, he doesn't take it personally, and he responds honestly. I love a Chicken Sandwich that is completely devoid of any passive-aggressiveness. 

Rock on LCS - (but I still think any "pansy" comments about IUBB should stay the hell off of any place to do with PU, UK, etc.)

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

By the way - I know I'm violating my "let's move on" suggestion, but here's something that I really appreciate about @Loaded Chicken Sandwich.

LCS is most definitely NOT thin-skinned nor passive-aggressive. If I am pissed at something he posted I say so, he doesn't take it personally, and he responds honestly. I love a Chicken Sandwich that is completely devoid of any passive-aggressiveness. 

Rock on LCS - (but I still think any "pansy" comments about IUBB should stay the hell off of any place to do with PU, UK, etc.)

I've lived too long on the forum/message boards worlds of the internet. Taking anything personal is just silly IMO. And I've made way more friends than enemies through message boards. 

We are all on the same team. We are all passionate about IU. We've all been raised on Indiana basketball and/or went to IU. Everyone may feel differently about what's wrong with this team or the program but the one common thing is that we all want to win. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Jayson Tatum said a good chewing out worked him. Said Duke was winning at Virginia but he only had 2 points. Said K came in screaming at him about being soft and how he should have left him in St Louis... Believe Tatum put up like 28 in the 2nd half and they won. 

That's exactly what Woodson did to TJD at halftime of the Michigan BTT game. Not like Woodson doesn't do it. 

Just now, BGleas said:

That's exactly what Woodson did to TJD at halftime of the Michigan BTT game. Not like Woodson doesn't do it. 

*not doubting*

Was this written somewhere? I hadn't heard that.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

*not doubting*

I don't know if he necessarily ripped into him... But TJD has said that Woodson said something. But K never cared to let the F word fly and he didn't care to be in a players face. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

*not doubting*

I remember Woody talking to Don about it after the game. The whole halftime was him screaming to TJD about how bigger guys had dominated him and that he needed to grow up. I'm sure someone can find an article about it. I wish I could but I'm covered up here at IU. HAHA