Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Wednesday, 1/11/23 @ 7:00 on BTN

Why does every game seem to be a must win game?  Will Woody change the lineup?  Can TJD continue his level of play?  Tune in tomorrow night for the answers to these questions and more.

Definitely a winnable game but.............................   

Live Stats

Radio

Why does every game seem to be a must win game?  Will Woody change the lineup?  Can TJD continue his level of play?  Tune in tomorrow night for the answers to these questions and more.
Definitely a winnable game but.............................   
Live Stats
Radio

Every game is must win. We went from Iowa game being a must win if we wanted to try for a big ten title. Northwestern was a must win because it was a winnable home game. They now are must wins because if not our season is off the rails

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I will be honest I don't think we win this one unless Woody has gotten through to them about playing hard for 40 minutes. Penn st just got beat by a very good basketball team. They got their buts kicked the second half and they feel they were robbed by the refs. We can pretty much take it for granted Penn st will be ready to battle. What reason should we believe our guys are ready to fight? Whatever effort we gave for majority of northwestern isn't going to even be close to enough. Let's hope for the best

Woody getting an early hot seat from IU fans if we drop 2 games this week.

I put our odds at PSU at 45%. We will see how a team plays with its back against the wall. Shewsbury > Woodson. Trayce has a great match up. Our 3 point shooting D has an awful matchup. It’s put up or shut up time. (Although they’ll probably go defend themselves on social media instead..anyway)

I put our odds at Home against Wisconsin at 65%. Gard > Woodson. We’ve got better athletes although we offensive rebound like jokers….. riddle me that Batman. Home crowd will try to will us a win. If the players haven’t packed it up we have a good chance.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We aren't even a 1/4 the way into the B1G season!  This isn't a must win!  We have time to figure stuff out before we all freak out and give up.  I think we put too much into each game individually!  This team is flawed, just like every other team to ever step on the court, except the "76" Hoosiers!  The season is long, let it unfold. It's not like we don't have talent, so we should always have a chance going into every game. I'm not satisfied with what I've seen the last 20 give or take years, but I don't want to dwell on negativity every game.  Life is too short!

We’re not favored to win getting 2 points. Just seems like we never play well there. I like their coach though, he was with Stevens at Butler & Boston, then with Painter at Purdue. He’s well liked by Indiana high school coaches. 

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Every game is must win. We went from Iowa game being a must win if we wanted to try for a big ten title. Northwestern was a must win because it was a winnable home game. They now are must wins because if not our season is off the rails

I think it’s already off the rails, IMO.  Injuries are excuses, every team battles them but I really don’t see anyone stepping up like they should.  They seem to be in role playing mold and I didn’t see anything that will change my opinion on guys raising their level of play, other than TJD and JHS.  I am really sick and tired of Kopp passing up open looks, he hesitates way too much, doesn’t show confidence in shooting and making shots.  Bates could be the guy but he hasn’t shown me he can step up against good competition and his D isn’t good at all.  Reneau at times is unsure of himself.  Geronimo is totally lost on both ends of the floor.  Galloway plays hard but sometimes seems to overplay on defense and he doesn’t always look to score.  That’s my rant!  Oh, one last thing, I would like to see Woodson give Duncomb a try, especially over Geronimo!

36 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

They seem to be in role playing mold and I didn’t see anything that will change my opinion on guys raising their level of play, other than TJD and JHS.

Being a role player isn't a problem unless they can't perform that role or don't know the role they're supposed to play. Right now, players seem to be missing the latter. When most of the players don't seem to know what their role on the team is, that's a coaching problem.

I see IU losing by double digits.

3 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

We aren't even a 1/4 the way into the B1G season!  This isn't a must win!  We have time to figure stuff out before we all freak out and give up.  I think we put too much into each game individually!  This team is flawed, just like every other team to ever step on the court, except the "76" Hoosiers!  The season is long, let it unfold. It's not like we don't have talent, so we should always have a chance going into every game. I'm not satisfied with what I've seen the last 20 give or take years, but I don't want to dwell on negativity every game.  Life is too short!

If this is not a must win game, which I think it is, it is awfully close.

Lose this and we are 1-4 in the conference and would have to win 4 of the next 5 just to get back to .500.  Looking at the schedule I would be stunned if we win 4/5 of the games after PSU. We really can’t afford to go to three games under .500

Good talent + “work harder” = Win?

Count me as skeptical Woody. I truly hope you’re right. However, based on results, my optimism tank is running low.

Regardless….. from tip to final buzzer…. Playing FUNDAMENTALLY basic sound basketball will = W!!

Let’s GO HOOSIERS!!!

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm probably way off but I think we win tonight if we do two things. Keep the turnovers down and run them off the 3pt line. Limit theirs 3's. It would help if we could get some fast break points too. Go Small and play fast. 

Pickett scares me. He can completely control a game and with Race out and JG being basically unplayable, we have nobody that matches up well with him. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Pickett scares me. He can completely control a game and with Race out and JG being basically unplayable, we have nobody that matches up well with him. 

Maybe the ole let him get his and guard everyone else. I would not personally play JG tonight, but after hearing Woodson say on his radio show that he had a personal talk with JG and told him it's his time to shine, I think we'll see him. Hopefully a short leash

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Maybe the ole let him get his and guard everyone else. I would not personally play JG tonight, but after hearing Woodson say on his radio show that he had a personal talk with JG and told him it's his time to shine, I think we'll see him. Hopefully a short leash

I think JG is a quality kid who truly cares and is playing terribly lately. You can see the emotion and frustration on his face- not a player that has checked out. I think we’ve got to play him in spots to see if the light can be turned back on.

That having been said, I’d like to see Gallo start out on Pickett.