Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Things like giving up too many offensive boards are a recurring problem and not just this year. At this point they're systemic, is the staff too stubborn to fix it or not capable of fixing it?

There's probably a reason he hadn't been a HC in nearly 10 years and wasn't particularly good when he was a HC.

Our staff is bad. We don't have coaches behind Woody. Not a one. We have some dumb advisor Woody likes that sit by him. Then we have 3 top assistants who couldn't coach basketball to save their lives. If we had a legitimate basketball mind anywhere on the bench, we'd be in better shape. If we could replace Woody's "advisor" right hand man, with anyone with a basketball IQ above 0, we'd be better.

So no .. this staff isn't capable of fixing it's problems. Yes men. All they are.

19 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If a change is made, very unlikely after this season but almost guaranteed after year 4, it will almost certainly be Dusty May unless by some extremely remote chance he who shall not be named makes it known through the back channels that he finally wants the job.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a run at May after this year.

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Our staff is bad. We don't have coaches behind Woody. Not a one. We have some dumb advisor Woody likes that sit by him. Then we have 3 top assistants who couldn't coach basketball to save their lives. If we had a legitimate basketball mind anywhere on the bench, we'd be in better shape. If we could replace Woody's "advisor" right hand man, with anyone with a basketball IQ above 0, we'd be better.

So no .. this staff isn't capable of fixing it's problems. Yes men. All they are.

2 of them were leftover from Miller, I wouldn't have kept them. They're sure not helping much and I don't see how whatever recruiting connections they have had done more than get a foot in the door.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

2 of them were leftover from Miller, I wouldn't have kept them. They're sure not helping much and I don't see how whatever recruiting connections they have had done more than get a foot in the door.

Oh Woody should without be looking for a new staff after this season. But I don't trust he'd get anyone who he feels knows more than him.

I'm honestly curious what these guys do in practice. We don't have elite talent, but we have enough talent to not be so bad at so many things. 

I do remember RMK benching the starters more than once for a game and playing walk-ons and “end of the bench” players because he was pissed at the lack of effort. Maybe it’s time for that. It’s definitely time for Dolson to put on his big boy pants and deal with this crap … maybe a “come to Jesus” meeting with Woody.

And after sleeping on it, I am of the opinion that X should be done as a Hoosier basketball player. His F2 foul last night was an incredibly cheap shot, and should absolutely NOT be tolerated by this coach, his teammates and this university.

Oh Woody should without be looking for a new staff after this season. But I don't trust he'd get anyone who he feels knows more than him.

No, after this season Woody should be concerned about getting a good T-time. He should be done at Indiana as coach.

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I do remember RMK benching the starters more than once for a game and playing walk-ons and “end of the bench” players because he was pissed at the lack of effort. Maybe it’s time for that. It’s definitely time for Dolson to put on his big boy pants and deal with this crap … maybe a “come to Jesus” meeting with Woody.

And after sleeping on it, I am of the opinion that X should be done as a Hoosier basketball player. His F2 foul last night was an incredibly cheap shot, and should absolutely NOT be tolerated by this coach, his teammates and this university.

That come to Jesus meeting should've happened after the Nebraska beatdown. We give effort at home, on the road not so much.

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is just me but I would suggest playing a modern day style of basketball but that’s just m

You’ve posted about the offensive side in that regard. I’m over here scratching my head trying to figure out what in the world we’re doing on defense. We look more competent when we occasionally switch to things like zone and full court presses. That worries me as to what we’re trying to execute in our normal defense.

Just now, str8baller said:

You’ve posted about the offensive side in that regard. I’m over here scratching my head trying to figure out what in the world we’re doing on defense. We look more competent when we occasionally switch to things like zone and full court presses. That worries me as to what we’re trying to execute in our normal defense.

I thought the defensive strategy was pray for a miss. We'd give up the offensive board until they make it but still.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I thought the defensive strategy was pray for a miss. We'd give up the offensive board until they make it but still.

Seems like it’s pray for a missed 3. We help off so much and go for every block at the rim that it seems like we’re oblivious to the existence to the 3 point line. Its no coincidence teams light us up from distance. 

UConn would've pieced up Rutgers by about 50 yesterday. Any good team, really. It's laughable how many shots they missed and how many missed opportunities we blew. It was a very physical game but we just had no semblance of intensity. Looking an awful lot like an 18 win season if we're lucky at this rate...

I've been a fan and watched IU basketball since the early 80's. Admittedly, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't ever remember being as thoroughly disappointed as I was last night. This team is totally lost. They don't have anything to hang their hat on when times get tough. There is really nothing they do exceedingly well. What is this team's strength? 

As has been the case for the last several years, the roster construction is totally flawed. When was the last time we had really good guard play? This team is not good enough offensively to let opponents get second and third chances every possession because they refuse to put any effort into blocking out and rebounding. This team has talent, but they just can't seem to effectively utilize it. At a certain point, that has to fall on coaching and/or lack of accountability. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That sleepy guy by Woodson is awful! Looks disinterested all the time!

1 hour ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Doyel is always too liberal for me, but he rightfully so nailed everything in this article!!!!

6 minutes ago, bigrod said:

This team has talent, but they just can't seem to effectively utilize it. At a certain point, that has to fall on coaching and/or lack of accountability. 

I hate that we are in this position, but I agree. My wife summed it up well last night when she asked me if I was sure that they really practice between games.