Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

I'm normally one to be level headed but this was bad..real bad. This is Woodson's lowest moment right now as coach. This game was going to tell me where the season was going. IU wins, they're back on track. A loss tells me this is the same sub .500 IU team we've seen since 2017. 

This team has to find a way to figure out how to close these games. I'm extremely worried your best player is going to be nursing an injury the rest of the year. Can he make it to March? You can't afford to have him sit for 3 weeks again. Add in your PG and glue guy now being out..I hope I'm wrong but man this might get out of hand fast. 2019 bad...

Nobody said at the start of the year this was a National Title contender. Realistically that wasn't the expectation. The expectation WAS to be at or near the top in the B1G. You can't accomplish that by losing to 0-3 Iowa home or away. You just can't. Woodson and this program cannot afford another bubble year. Indiana at some point is going to have to break through and win some freaking games. In order for this program to gain the momentum it needs to rise to the top of college basketball like we all want, having 8-10 B1G seasons isn't going to cut it. You aren't going to be "Monverde U" if you keep doing this. You won't get big transfers. You won't even get top in-state players either. Hell, the game before Purdue comes back and finds a way to win a game it's not supposed to. We found a way to lose a game we were supposed to win.If you're an in-state kid with IU and Purdue offers..where you going right now? 

I appreciate the fight from these guys. I get they're trying. It's just not good enough.  My goodness you are up 6 points with 4 to go. You can't go scoreless in the final 3.5 minutes of the game. 

PS: Yes, Fran is a tool. Yes, that should've been a T. However, it shouldn't have come down to that. I don't want to hear about that excuse. 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We make almost every team look great on offense. That’s an US problem. It’s multi leveled. It’s strategy, it’s game planning, it’s bad decision making, it’s lack of compete, and it’s not getting fixed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Woody is a leader of young men that respect him. I'm not sure they know or are willing to compete for him though.

Team just isn't very good. Starts with coaching and ends with players. Might make the tournament but may not. This is what Indiana basketball is now. I've accepted it. I don't like it but instead of letting it affect me personally I'm just becoming indifferent. Wish Race a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I tell you what. I’m 40 yr old. I will say right here right now. I’m done, DONE with #iubb until they do something. DONE! 

There is no one here that loves IUBB more than I do. I promise you that. D.O.N.E. 

This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Woody is a leader of young men that respect him. I'm not sure they know or are willing to compete for him though.

He has just got to find a way to get them over the hump.   Or at least that’s what he said last year.    Big big hump evidently 

“That’s BS,” Woodson said about Fran McCaffery coming over to IU’s bench. “The guy should’ve been thrown out of the goddamn game.” #iubb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I tell you what. I’m 40 yr old. I will say right here right now. I’m done, DONE with #iubb until they do something. DONE! 

There is no one here that loves IUBB more than I do. I promise you that. D.O.N.E. 

See you Sunday. :) 

1 minute ago, iubb said:

“That’s BS,” Woodson said about Fran McCaffery coming over to IU’s bench. “The guy should’ve been thrown out of the goddamn game.” #iubb

He probably could have still out coached woody from the lockerroom 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Woodson on radio says we played good but free throws cost us the game lol. Tjd was hurt Woodson wanted to take him out but tjd refused. Says we will see how he feels tomorrow lol. We're screwed

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Well we may hang on if we could make free throws, but we can't and aren't improving there.  That doesn't blow a 20 point lead though or give up a dozen offensive rebounds.

His record as a HC sucked and hadn't been a HC for a while when we hired him.  I'm not saying fire him yet (I wouldn't have hired him) but it looks like another botched hire and I don't think the program recovers from it.  The incoming class isn't good enough either.