Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

One more note, I hope we destroy them in Bloomington and that in the post-game every IU players answers every media questions with "it seemed like their coach had no clue what he was doing." Literally answer every question with that. 

I'd prefer us whipping them up and down Branch McCracken court then give them a "nice try, good game" in the handshake line. Let them run their mouths, let's take care of business and worry about building a program.

You know who doesn't talk **** about your program and coach? The players and teams you beat consistently.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

The best reason to play Banks instead of Geronimo is that while freshmen can make defensive mistakes, no one can make more than Geronimo.

For every good play JG makes, he makes 2-3 bad ones.

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Reneau being less ugly is an understatement!  He still is trying to play like he is up against Morehead St.  The guy may as well just hand the ball over to the opposing team, that’s pretty much what he does when he’s been on the floor lately.  I think they starting lineup should be TJD, Kopp, Bates, Galloway, and JHS. I read an article stating this has been our best optimum lineup 

Per CBB Analytics, that lineup has played only 9 minutes together all season.  If you remove all lineups that contain Race and X, the highest +/- group that has been on the court is JHS, Bates, Galloway, Reneau, and Geronimo.....a group that has only been on the court for 17 minutes together.  There simply isn't enough of a sample size to deduce anything from court time that small.

Well, I’ve pretty much whined myself to a nub on this Iowa game thread.

When will there be a NW thread where I can hopefully be more positive ?

Fresh start is needed. Regardless of injuries….. All teams fight through adversity. So can IU.

Get healed up quickly XJ and RT!

GO HOOSIERS!

Whoopsie….. didn’t realize the NW thread was already up and running…..

On 1/6/2023 at 12:20 AM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s just a matter of time before our players take to social media and talk about how this is a minor setback for a big comeback or something along those lines. 

Close enough. 

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Close enough. 

I may get blasted here for actually saying something not negative, but this mindset by X is far more productive than a floundering team that is sulking and feeling sorry for themselves. If the locker room holds together at least they have a chance. Now, if the results don't happen of course it's all for naught, but still.

54 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I may get blasted here for actually saying something not negative, but this mindset by X is far more productive than a floundering team that is sulking and feeling sorry for themselves. If the locker room holds together at least they have a chance. Now, if the results don't happen of course it's all for naught, but still.

I don’t have a problem with the mindset itself at all. But just go out and do it. Our players have a habit of talking on social media but then laying goose eggs when they step on the court. In this case it’s not Xavier’s fault because he’s injured, but we saw it numerous times last year too.

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t have a problem with the mindset itself at all. But just go out and do it. Our players have a habit of talking on social media but then laying goose eggs when they step on the court. In this case it’s not Xavier’s fault because he’s injured, but we saw it numerous times last year too.

Amen, a former supervisor had a great analogy. Be a duck. The meaning is show to the outside world you are moving in the right direction while behind the scenes you're putting in that hard work.

I get almost the complete opposite vibe from this team and program. I do love the e and e XJ typically brings to the team though.