Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Team just isn't very good. Starts with coaching and ends with players. Might make the tournament but may not. This is what Indiana basketball is now. I've accepted it. I don't like it but instead of letting it affect me personally I'm just becoming indifferent. Wish Race a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Definitely this, whatever injury Race suffered hopefully he recovers fully and quickly.

10 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Yeah fans invest a lot of time, emotion, and in some cases in money into this product. I dont blame anyone for cutting their losses and finding a new thing at this point. 

I put in bold two things a lot of people don't have: time and money. You are exactly right. One of my co-workers (IU Alum from the 80s) drove all the way to Kansas for that no-show. Bless her heart she still says she didn't regret it. IU fans are some of the best fans in the country. I won't stop watching. My interest level goes down a little but I'm still a sucker/fan of this program. I just feel guys are regressing from where they were in November (Malik, Galloway, and Geronimo.) Feels like they've done nothing since the UNC game. Those three have to grow the you know what up right now. If not, play Logan, Kaleb, and CJ. Why not? 

I get that it’s a bad loss to a bad Iowa team, but going into this season what we’re you all thinking this team would do? It is almost the exact same roster of role players around a borderline all American. Did you all expect some divine intervention and all of a sudden those same players were going to dominate this year? Yeah we have a 5* guard now but we lost our other pg and now Race. I mean I like everyone am over waiting for IU to be on top again but it was blindingly obvious that this team was probably going to win a few more games than it did last year, struggle on the road in the conference, and at least have a better seed in the tourney. Yes losing sucks, yes I have invested money in going to games this year, yes I am tired of waiting, but I never fell for the media hype leading up to this season. How about everyone go sleep this one off.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Well we may hang on if we could make free throws, but we can't and aren't improving there.  That doesn't blow a 20 point lead though or give up a dozen offensive rebounds.

His record as a HC sucked and hadn't been a HC for a while when we hired him.  I'm not saying fire him yet (I wouldn't have hired him) but it looks like another botched hire and I don't think the program recovers from it.  The incoming class isn't good enough either.

We have had one serious coaching hire in my lifetime and we fired him for something that wouldn’t have even been disciplined at schools serious about their basketball teams

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I get that it’s a bad loss to a bad Iowa team, but going into this season what we’re you all thinking this team would do? It is almost the exact same roster of role players around a borderline all American. Did you all expect some divine intervention and all of a sudden those same players were going to dominate this year? Yeah we have a 5* guard now but we lost our other pg and now Race. I mean I like everyone am over waiting for IU to be on top again but it was blindingly obvious that this team was probably going to win a few more games than it did last year, struggle on the road in the conference, and at least have a better seed in the tourney. Yes losing sucks, yes I have invested money in going to games this year, yes I am tired of waiting, but I never fell for the media hype leading up to this season. How about everyone go sleep this one off.

We lost a bunch of players who weren’t good and added 2 5 stars. We should be better.  At best we are just as good 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He has just got to find a way to get them over the hump.   Or at least that’s what he said last year.    Big big hump evidently 

With most of your core being used to not really winning at a high level you have to shake things up. It's extremely easy to back off a bit rather than turning the screws. I'm obviously not in the locker room or on the practice court but that's what it appears to be. Sometimes those coaches who really shake things up early in their tenure get better results. That doesn't seem to be in the cards for Woody.

Everything the program does off the court is mediocre, so it’s no surprise when we get mediocre results on it as well. Hiring a 63 year old with no college experience, a 46% winning percentage in the NBA, and no head coaching experience in nearly a decade said everything that needed to be said about the IU administration.

It was a feel good story, but the warm fuzzies go away real quick when you’re not producing. 

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I agree to some extent. I think most of us were hoping we would see some player development in the second offseason of Coach Woodson. Are we seeing that? Outside of Tamar who is better than they were a year ago? 

Well we may hang on if we could make free throws, but we can't and aren't improving there.  That doesn't blow a 20 point lead though or give up a dozen offensive rebounds.
His record as a HC sucked and hadn't been a HC for a while when we hired him.  I'm not saying fire him yet (I wouldn't have hired him) but it looks like another botched hire and I don't think the program recovers from it.  The incoming class isn't good enough either.
I wasn't for the hire but quickly hoped for the best. I live alot of what he has done but not coaching wise. I think all of us questioned his coaching and that is proving to be a problem.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I’m more excited to see how the league office handles Woody’s comments postgame than I am to see the team play Sunday. Has a coach gone off on a ref like that recently? I can’t remember anything. 

More corrupt

Big 10 or fifa?

A coach in any other league other than the big 10 gets tossed for that.

But thats what happens when the big 10 has corrupt and blind officials in every sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Everything the program does off the court is mediocre, so it’s no surprise when we get mediocre results on it as well. Hiring a 63 year old with no college experience, a 46% winning percentage in the NBA, and no head coaching experience in nearly a decade said everything that needed to be said about the IU administration.

It was a feel good story, but the warm fuzzies go away real quick when you’re not producing. 

It’s not just the basketball program it’s the whole athletic department 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m more excited to see how the league office handles Woody’s comments postgame than I am to see the team play Sunday. Has a coach gone off on a ref like that recently? I can’t remember anything. 

February 28 against Iowa will be must see TV. I get his frustration. He should be more frustrated at himself and his team for blowing a 21 point lead. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I put in bold two things a lot of people don't have: time and money. You are exactly right. One of my co-workers (IU Alum from the 80s) drove all the way to Kansas for that no-show. Bless her heart she still says she didn't regret it. IU fans are some of the best fans in the country. I won't stop watching. My interest level goes down a little but I'm still a sucker/fan of this program. I just feel guys are regressing from where they were in November (Malik, Galloway, and Geronimo.) Feels like they've done nothing since the UNC game. Those three have to grow the you know what up right now. If not, play Logan, Kaleb, and CJ. Why not? 

BuT wE're fAns, wHat caN U exPecT frOm uS