Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Iowa - Thursday, 1/5/23 @ 9:00 on FS1

3 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

but going into this season what we’re you all thinking this team would do? 

Let me see: 

Rebound

play defense

handle a press

handle a zone

get proper spacing on offense

close out on the perimeter

give consistent effort

compete in the B1G 

…to name a few, anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Everything the program does is mediocre, so it’s no surprise when we get mediocre results. Hiring a 63 year old with no college experience, a 46% winning percentage in the NBA, and no head coaching experience in nearly a decade said everything that needed to be said about the administration.

It was a feel good story, but the warm fuzzies go away real quick when you’re not producing. 

On the bolded, there's probably a reason too; they didn't want him as HC.

11 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

PS: Yes, Fran is a tool. Yes, that should've been a T. However, it shouldn't have come down to that. I don't want to hear about that excuse. 

I'm not going to use it as an excuse.  IU let a team they were dominating get back in it.

The non-called T is a separate issue.  Reffing in the Big Ten just continues to leave a sour taste in my mouth and it's an issue that the Big Ten refuses to address.

21 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I really don’t know if we have enough to win enough games to get into the tourney. We just lost to a really bad Iowa team that we were up by 20 at 1 point. We are what we thought we were. Get Woody out of btown!  

he’s not the guy!!!!! Let’s go after Chris beard.

im so ******* tired of losing boys! I’m ******* sick and tired of it!!!!!!

If Chris Beard comes here, I'll be done faster than you could even imagine. If I wanted to win with TRASH I'd have picked a different team than Indiana.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not going to use it as an excuse.  IU let a team they were dominating get back in it.

The non-called T is a separate issue.  Reffing in the Big Ten just continues to leave a sour taste in my mouth and it's an issue that the Big Ten refuses to address.

I agree. It's getting old. 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

On the bolded, there's probably a reason too; they didn't want him as HC.

Oh yeah. With the way they recycle head coaches in the NBA, the fact no one hired him between 2014 and 2021 says a lot. Leave it to IU. 

10 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I know I don’t really post anymore. Life happens. But I watched tonight and honestly I think I’m about ready to move on from IU athletics in my life. I don’t think we’re ever going to be what we once were. We’re a fading program clinging to a storied past. We have a coach who I’m losing faith in more and more. Great guy and I like him, but a mediocre to subpar coach. We have a team full of talent and yet we make everything difficult. Another bubble year it looks like where we’ll be lucky to make the tournament. Our administration is absolute trash and I hate everything about them. Dolson is a yes man and does absolutely nothing to move the needle for us. We need so many changes in our admin and an AD that has a backbone. I’m about done I believe as I don’t see any of these changes ever happening. Not sure why this specific Iowa game brought it out of me but yeah. Too many other things in life that are important to worry about than this.

Respectfully, we don't really have a team full of talent.  We have a few guys, and many one dimensional players.  I won't name names cause I don't really like dissing on kids.  Buy we all know who's who on this team.  Our most complete player is a freshman, who will make a freshman mistake from time to time.  

I'll go ahead and say it....if the whole fiasco with Chris Beard turns out to be nothing more than a woman scorned, why not go after him? The charges against him will likely be dropped since she has already admitted she lied. The guy can coach and from what I know this is a totally isolated case, somebody is going to give him another job, why not us!

4 minutes ago, iubb said:

More corrupt

Big 10 or fifa?

A coach in any other league other than the big 10 gets tossed for that.

But thats what happens when the big 10 has corrupt and blind officials in every sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big. 1o has big issues but it's not in the same universe

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Let me see: 

Rebound

play defense

handle a press

handle a zone

give consistent effort

compete in the B1G 

…to name a few, anyways. 

Have really experienced players step up to be leaders. Never mind...

3 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

It’s not just the basketball program it’s the whole athletic department 

Basically. When it comes to revenue sports, IU is probably close to a bottom 5 program in the P5 conferences.  

It’s a zero sum game out there and everybody else is better than us. Pretty annoying. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

If Chris Beard comes here, I'll be done faster than you could even imagine. If I wanted to win with TRASH I'd have picked a different team than Indiana.

The charges are likely being dropped, she admitted she lied. So all it takes is an accusation and you want to ruin a man's life forever?

12 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I get that it’s a bad loss to a bad Iowa team, but going into this season what we’re you all thinking this team would do? It is almost the exact same roster of role players around a borderline all American. Did you all expect some divine intervention and all of a sudden those same players were going to dominate this year? Yeah we have a 5* guard now but we lost our other pg and now Race. I mean I like everyone am over waiting for IU to be on top again but it was blindingly obvious that this team was probably going to win a few more games than it did last year, struggle on the road in the conference, and at least have a better seed in the tourney. Yes losing sucks, yes I have invested money in going to games this year, yes I am tired of waiting, but I never fell for the media hype leading up to this season. How about everyone go sleep this one off.

I kinda wanted a few guys to make improvements.  Doesn't appear to have happened.  We got some key guys out with or nursing injuries and the cupboard is basically empty.    

6 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Let me see: 

Rebound

play defense

handle a press

handle a zone

give consistent effort

compete in the B1G 

…to name a few, anyways. 

Make free throws

Most of these a good coach can improve on without needing 3 or 4+ years.

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I agree to some extent. I think most of us were hoping we would see some player development in the second offseason of Coach Woodson. Are we seeing that? Outside of Tamar who is better than they were a year ago? 

Not really anyone consistently outside of TB. There are flashes from different players but none of the have moved up out of the role player status. There is something up with JG, he is lost again, Trey has spurts, even Kopp, but there needs to be consistency.

bright note: I thought JHS showed something tonight that he was definitely not praised for out of high school and that was his 3s tonight. 

bad note: the most aggravating thing for me tonight was that LONG stretch after Race went down with JG logging so many minutes while being completely lost on both sides of the floor! I get MR was trash tonight but hell we still had the lead throw LD in there.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Wow…Conner Mccaffery being interviewed and just said about Indiana…”We went zone and they had no idea what to do. I don’t know if they had ever seen it before.” 

YIKES

It's a theme, beat Indiana and talk trash. Glad we did our talking back in the summer and before games so we could get beat?