Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Miami (OH) - Sunday, 11/20/22 @ 5:30 on BTN

Just now, DChoosier said:

Who saw 45 still moving this late in the game?

Kudos to the big guy.

I love this guy. He moves incredibly at that size. Reminds me a bit of Dawand Jones playing for Ben Davis. I bet he just brutalizes smaller guys in the MAC down low. 

Fun Final 30.

Gunn, Banks…… gonna be really good for us at some point.

TJD is an all timer. He’s been so much fun to watch.

JG Block Machine. Lol.

Gunn and JHS ain’t shy putting the ball up. I watched a lot of JHS at Montverde and he plays different at Indiana. Definitely looking for his shot a lot more.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gunn and JHS ain’t shy putting the ball up. I watched a lot of JHS at Montverde and he plays different at Indiana. Definitely looking for his shot a lot more.

Yeah, JHS was out there hunting shots tonight.  I didn't like it at all

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yeah, JHS was out there hunting shots tonight.  I didn't like it at all

I think he knew this was a game in which he could hunt and he may have even received some encouragement to do so, just to find his rhythm a little bit and tune up the game-speed shooting prior to playing the big boys. Luckily I believe him intelligent enough a player not to do that in a true competitive game.

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we don’t let our young guys hunt shots in games like these how can we expect them to feel comfortable taking over if we have an injury later. That’s why you schedule a team this low on Kenpom 

Agree. No issues at all with JHS hunting his shots tonight a bit after a tough shooting night at Xavier. 

We need him to get comfortable and going offensively to reach our potential. This was a perfect game to try and get it going. 

As others have said, a lot to like about the young guys. Excited about this season and feel pretty about the future with Hood, Reneau, Gunn, Banks and even Duncomb. 

If the Kopp of the last couple games hangs around and Race just steps it up a little, IU is gonna be a tough out for anyone. If not, Reneau should start, IMO. Kid is poised and skilled. 

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. No issues at all with JHS hunting his shots tonight a bit after a tough shooting night at Xavier. 

We need him to get comfortable and going offensively to reach our potential. This was a perfect game to try and get it going. 

JHS's weakness is his shooting, isn't it?  Why not focus on sharpening his strengths rather than giving him a Devonte Green Light?