Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley to UConn

So let's get mcneeley, queen, and sell that to flagg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

That’s what I’ve been hoping could happen all along. I don’t think Nike is gonna let that happen with their Dukie Boy. I do know Mrs Flagg and McNeeley’s mom are tight!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s what I’ve been hoping could happen all along. I don’t think Nike is gonna let that happen with their Dukie Boy. I do know Mrs Flagg and McNeeley’s mom are tight!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Can you imagine a Class of McNeeley, Fland, Queen AND Flagg?? OMG . . .

Still think Flagg is Durham bound. But getting the other 3 would be a boon.

6 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

i am calling Uconn as a dark horse for Flagg.  

8 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Ima gonna start with hoping we get one of those excellent players. Then I'll hope for two.

But I'm stuck at hoping for one right now.

9 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

I learned a long time ago 2 things in regards to IUBB recruiting:

It's never as good as it seems, and it's never as bad as it seems.

The disappointment of the 2014 super class of James Blackmon, Trey Lyles, Cliff Alexander, and Theo Pinson that was floated briefly by Rabjohns as a possibility caused me to temper my expectations from that point forward.

9 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I learned a long time ago 2 things in regards to IUBB recruiting:

It's never as good as it seems, and it's never as bad as it seems.

The disappointment of the 2014 super class of James Blackmon, Trey Lyles, Cliff Alexander, and Theo Pinson that was floated briefly by Rabjohns as a possibility caused me to temper my expectations from that point forward.

If you were told that you could only have one of those 4 players at the time, how many would be picking JBJr?

Had Booker not picked UK, we would have gotten none of them. No, I don’t miss Crean.

7 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

If you were told that you could only have one of those 4 players at the time, how many would be picking JBJr?

Had Booker not picked UK, we would have gotten none of them. No, I don’t miss Crean.

2015 had Thomas Bryant, OG Anunoby, and Juwan Morgan. All of whom are better to significantly better players than you just mentioned, to be fair. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

2015 had Thomas Bryant, OG Anunoby, and Juwan Morgan. All of whom are better to significantly better players than you just mentioned. 

True - but Crean never had any consistency in recruiting. For every OG or Victor he uncovered were a Jeremiah April, Max Montana, Tim Priller or Grant Gelon.

So if he waits until Montverde plays again as some have speculated when do we think that would be? Or is this one where there will be a random Instagram post that announces it and we all just have to keep refreshing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

True - but Crean never had any consistency in recruiting. For every OG or Victor he uncovered were a Jeremiah April, Max Montana, Tim Priller or Grant Gelon.

I remember '76-'77...those were the days...shine on you beautiful diamond.

Just recovering from Covid after being in Portugal.   Lost 9 pounds in a week when I got back to the USA.  Man, it was a dreadful week...

Let me know when IU gets a great PG like Buckner or Thomas.  Oh, and a great team that can shoot, defend, share the ball and win.    Hype doesn't do it for me.  

He mentioned something about making a decision in a few weeks and isn't Hoosier Hysteria on 10/20?  If IU were to broadcast him on the scoreboard screen and he chose then to commit to IU would that take away from the others at the even or add more excitement?

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

He mentioned something about making a decision in a few weeks and isn't Hoosier Hysteria on 10/20?  If IU were to broadcast him on the scoreboard screen and he chose then to commit to IU would that take away from the others at the even or add more excitement?

I believe that IU broadcasting it at that event would be a recruiting violation. They're not allowed to talk about him specifically (and I think broadcasting his announcement at  HH would fall under that umbrella) until after he signs. 

Osterman:  Wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t IU’s only stop tomorrow (referencing Boogie).

Sounds like a  tour of the east coast and a side trip to FL also.

Yes just seen a report they are visiting all three queen boogie and liam

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Osterman:  Wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t IU’s only stop tomorrow (referencing Boogie).

Sounds like a  tour of the east coast and a side trip to FL also.

You need help here in Florida Woody?  Just call me.

Screenshot_20231003_213615_X.jpg