Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

SMC fans are more than welcome here, but SMC fans like the one I just dropped the hammer on are not. 

And seriously? The “ok boomer” retort? Be better, Gaels. 

Donuts to dollars that was a dateless Purdue fan. Had that stench 

2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Did you know Tom Crean has more tourney wins and sweet 16 appearances than the entirety of the SMC bball history? Go Gaels 

Tom Crean had as many tourney wins and more sweet sixteens just at IU than St. Mary's had in their existence.  But honestly, I have no problem with their team.  They play good ball.  Just a couple of dicks on here stirring the pot.

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

God willing he gets some horses in here. Then we can criticize his coaching a little more. There are things I like and dislike. At the end of the day, this team was not talented on the offensive end. So he crafted them into a good defensive team and they got better as the year went along.  I think that’s a net positive.  Let’s hope we can build off of it. 

I was thinking about the improved defense - we had a really good team defense rank, yet struggled to stop individual players when they got hot (Murray, Harper jr., Fatts Whatshisname).  Maybe we didn't have an individual shutdown defender (i.e. talent) but rather relied on team effort.  That seems like good coaching.  Unfortunately we were so lacking in shooting skills we needed magic or divine intervention.  John Wooden + Bob Knight couldn't made us an above average team on offense.

48 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

LOL. Really? I must have missed all the games where IU played like this. All the games where they couldn't make even the bunnies, couldn't get a loose ball or rebound, or guard a stationary chair. Whatever it takes to deny the obvious and continue the tantrum. 

Huh? We had a few players who didn't get on the floor all season, too cool for school. We have over helped on (potential) drives all season. We've had optional e and e for entire halves of the season and a few whole games. Just last game how many bunnies did we miss? That's not the first time this season either. We tend to glide and jump away from defense all too often.

The refs, travel, bad bounces, Big 1.o, toilet paper wasn't up to standards, bad music on the ride, blah blah blah. It's bad when you get annihilated like we did but it's even worse when you make videos of "being disrespected" by the NCAA. We've made ourselves look like clowns far too often. Keep the mouth shut, do work, prove yourself on the court. I'm sure we'll here soon enough how we're going to be so much better next season.

Huh? We had a few players who didn't get on the floor all season, too cool for school. We have over helped on (potential) drives all season. We've had optional e and e for entire halves of the season and a few whole games. Just last game how many bunnies did we miss? That's not the first time this season either. We tend to glide and jump away from defense all too often.
The refs, travel, bad bounces, Big 1.o, toilet paper wasn't up to standards, bad music on the ride, blah blah blah. It's bad when you get annihilated like we did but it's even worse when you make videos of "being disrespected" by the NCAA. We've made ourselves look like clowns far too often. Keep the mouth shut, do work, prove yourself on the court. I'm sure we'll here soon enough how we're going to be so much better next season.
I hope cause if we don't have the over hype I can't deal with iu no more. In fact we need the movement type hype this off season. Get it going boys! I heard there's video out there of Logan Dunking on LeBron James! Find it boys

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Stewart and Kopp were major disappointments!

Crazy to think they were All Stars last off-season and just what we needed (shooting). Now they were major disappointments. I'm sure our returning players will be amazing and any player we get in the portal will be exactly what we need...

47 minutes ago, TooManyCooks said:

He's being nice and humble. But everyone knows the truth. 

Shhh... people won't like that and start calling you a non fan. We were "winded" when our starters returned from the bench they all shared together while 5 backups held down the fort. We were just too tired to do anything in this game. We should be proud they were able to even make it on the court as tired as they were. You gotta get the company line and start towing it. There is an excuse for everything. ;-)

Crazy to think they were All Stars last off-season and just what we needed (shooting). Now they were major disappointments. I'm sure our returning players will be amazing and any player we get in the portal will be exactly what we need...
Hopefully cause without major hype we have nothing. Need Lander shooting 30 threes in a row video. Geronimo setting all time vertical record. Major transfer portal guys. Tjd staying but becoming a 50 percent 3 shooter would be nice

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Hopefully cause without major hype we have nothing. Need Lander shooting 30 threes in a row video. Geronimo setting all time vertical record. Major transfer portal guys. Tjd staying but becoming a 50 percent 3 shooter would be nice

I'll do you one better, wait for it... wait for it...

We'll actually hit free throws!

Edit: On top of that e and e will no longer be optional! We won't have to excuse it on everything we can possibly think of besides what it is.

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Shhh... people won't like that and start calling you a non fan. We were "winded" when our starters returned from the bench they all shared together while 5 backups held down the fort. We were just too tired to do anything in this game. We should be proud they were able to even make it on the court as tired as they were. You gotta get the company line and start towing it. There is an excuse for everything. ;-)

Just stop.  It was a disappointing game.  They were playing really well and we were not.  If you could not see fatigue watching that game though, you are blind.  It absolutely did have an impact on the outcome (maybe not on win or loss, but absolutely on the margin).

Yes, we all realize that we need to upgrade talent at several spots on the floor, but this was year 1, we made the tournament, and the showing we had in it was subpar but was ABSOLUTELY impacted by fatigue.  That being said, we got beat.  It is what it is.  

I guess I'm gonna have to be the one again...  We got to the tourney. Good job. Now get back to work for next season. It happens. I mean we've beaten 12 seeds by 20 or 30 as well. Last time we were in the tourney we beat a 12 seed Chattanooga 99-74 and everyone has us getting upset beforehand. Ya win some, ya lose some. Just me over on and enjoy the tourney and the upsets that do happen. We will be back next year. 

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

Donuts to dollars that was a dateless Purdue fan. Had that stench 

58 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Very well could’ve been. Similar vernacular and Purdue fans absolutely still use the Boomer thing. 

Had to be Purdue fans. One claimed IU fans were insufferable. How would a St. Mary's fan know we're insufferable? 

Either PU fans -- or Archie and Sean Miller ...

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Had to be Purdue fans. One claimed IU fans were insufferable. How would a St. Mary's fan know we're insufferable? 

Either PU fans -- or Archie and Sean Miller ...

nope - Archie is too busy getting ready to make Rhode Island a national powerhouse...

27 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Just stop.  It was a disappointing game.  They were playing really well and we were not.  If you could not see fatigue watching that game though, you are blind.  It absolutely did have an impact on the outcome (maybe not on win or loss, but absolutely on the margin).

Yes, we all realize that we need to upgrade talent at several spots on the floor, but this was year 1, we made the tournament, and the showing we had in it was subpar but was ABSOLUTELY impacted by fatigue.  That being said, we got beat.  It is what it is.  

I definitely saw fatigue. I saw similar fatigue when we played psu after almost two weeks off. I guess there was an excuse there too. It's good we can excuse everything as fans but hopefully there is some accountability in the program. Being fatigued and getting beat by a team that executes is one thing. Being absolutely outclassed by an equal after talking about how you were going to prove the NCAA wrong is embarrassing. I'm not surprised our players and fans can't see the difference though. We're just happy we could finally kind of dance again.