Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Progress!

I believe this was a major issue starting last off-season and carried throughout the season. It probably goes goes back further for several of these players. It's one thing to have that chip on your shoulder and use it to prove yourself but another to constantly talk without action. We loved to quickly share to social media when we were "disrespected" by the media or whoever regarding preseason rankings, suspensions, seeding, etc. Our fans eat it up and run with it. It does zero good for the team or the fans. We've become a meme program and fan base.

The leadership concerns me moving forward and could be determined by who returns. This has been an issue for years and I think it is in our culture now. We don't have any/many disruptors that can overcome the status quo of just accepting meritocracy. TJD is a hell of a basketball player yet still looks to his peers for acceptance. X is the closest thing but I believe it's something he has for himself and isn't as outspoken about it. Of course, this is looking at it from a 30,000' view but the signs are there.

I hope Woody didn't accept things in hopes that it would course correct over the season. It's difficult to correct those things at the beginning but even harder when you've allowed them for awhile. This stems from the belief that the NW fiasco wasn't the first of its kind.

Time will tell.

That’s why I’ve been saying it will take 3 or 4 years to actually get things turned around.  Changing the Culture is a process and this mindset and current culture is heavily imbedded into most of these current players.  I do think there will be a wholesale of changes, including several to many players leaving.  

We have 3 players coming in and starting fresh.  The players I think will certainly be leaving:  Parker Stewart and Lander.

Players that could leave:  Durr, Race, Trayce, Phinesee, Kopp and Duncomb.  Out of these, I predict Phinesee, Kopp, and Duncomb to leave.

That’s why I’ve been saying it will take 3 or 4 years to actually get things turned around.  Changing the Culture is a process and this mindset and current culture is heavily imbedded into most of these current players.  I do think there will be a wholesale of changes, including several to many players leaving.  

We have 3 players coming in and starting fresh.  The players I think will certainly be leaving:  Parker Stewart and Lander.
Players that could leave:  Durr, Race, Trayce, Phinesee, Kopp and Duncomb.  Out of these, I predict Phinesee, Kopp, and Duncomb to leave.

That’s the worry. Woody is an older man. We’ve got 6-8 years of him. If it takes 3-4 years, then what? I’d be more patient if his age wasn’t a huge factor. I guess if making the tournament becomes low end bar vs, I’ll live with it during his tenure. Then I’ll be 50, then 60, then…. Lol. Gotta be win now mentality. Thank goodness transfer portal opens up opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

43 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s the worry. Woody is an older man. We’ve got 6-8 years of him. If it takes 3-4 years, then what? I’d be more patient if his age wasn’t a huge factor. I guess if making the tournament becomes low end bar vs, I’ll live with it during his tenure. Then I’ll be 50, then 60, then…. Lol. Gotta be win now mentality. Thank goodness transfer portal opens up opportunity.

I think he will coach 10 years then pass it on to one of his assistants.  Once the culture is developed, the assistant coach who takes over, keeps that culture going.  I think that will be Dane Fife.

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Step 1 was to make the tourney.  IMO that was the one realistic goal for the year.  I’m not going to be disappointed at things that haven’t happened in years 2-4 yet.