Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Commitment date set for mid-January.

Mom goes to two Maryland games over break, DQ goes to one of them.

AAU coach attends a game at IU last night. Reneau shows out big time and is starting to look like a pro.

The next day the commitment date gets moved out to February. 

To me? Seems like he is looking for a reason to avoid Maryland, but wants to see a role for him at IU.

That seems like a fair tea leaf reading. Would add that Maryland has completely sold out on him since Willard got there. They’ve seen him a million times. That team is loaded with DMV kids and that is not nothing. DMV kids never stop talking about being DMV kids. Hell, Kevin Durant still talks about it. That would be a tough no for Queen. 

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

That seems like a fair tea leaf reading. Would add that Maryland has completely sold out on him since Willard got there. They’ve seen him a million times. That team is loaded with DMV kids and that is not nothing. DMV kids never stop talking about being DMV kids. Hell, Kevin Durant still talks about it. That would be a tough no for Queen. 

Feels like he wants to get to “yes” with Maryland, but Willard, Maryland, and the lack of fan interest keep giving reason for “no.”

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Commitment date set for mid-January.

Mom goes to two Maryland games over break, DQ goes to one of them.

AAU coach attends a game at IU last night. Reneau shows out big time and is starting to look like a pro.

The next day the commitment date gets moved out to February. 

To me? Seems like he is looking for a reason to avoid Maryland, but wants to see a role for him at IU.

If he is watching the Maryland and Minnesota game he would see why he should choose IU over Maryland 

34 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If 2 of Ware, MM or Malik are back I thing a PG is a much bigger need. Sure it would be good to at a top 10 guy but I sure hope we add a strong PG and another shooter as well. 

Does X have another year left? Super-duper senior year?

I’ve actually grown tired of this ridiculous recruitment and stupid wishy washy game he and his family are playing.  I say let’s move on and go after a point guard and shooting guard.  We can pick up a big in the portal 

12 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’ve actually grown tired of this ridiculous recruitment and stupid wishy washy game he and his family are playing.  I say let’s move on and go after a point guard and shooting guard.  We can pick up a big in the portal 

He's not coming to IU. And yeah I am sick of this crap... the university and the fan base being punked by an 18 year old... no thanks...

37 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

He's not coming to IU. And yeah I am sick of this crap... the university and the fan base being punked by an 18 year old... no thanks...

It is hard to understand how it can still be a 'toss-up'. 

Not really.  He never put a gif prediction for Indiana.   His official prediction was Kentucky 

This is very true.

Also, Boogie is slick. Wish we were getting him. But a big part of me wants to get a transfer portal guard who has proven they can do it.

Or move Gallo to the 1 and get an experienced 2.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably not. After the whole fland thing it's a safe bet not to get hopes up on this one.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

What on earth does that have to do with this? The mopey stuff is so damn annoying. 

So how’s the sunshine and rainbows shooting out of your arse working out for ya?

I’m just being a realist and recognizing when we’re getting played. But y’all go on and believe what you need to believe to get you through the night.